Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weed is legal in Vegas

User Info Menu

Re: Weed is legal in Vegas

Been clean & sober for almost 35 years and can't get enough of Negril & Jamaica.
    Just damn lucky I did not make it to Negril in early 70's. Would have been the death of me. I do not do moderation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Not a day goes by that I don't see and smell someone smoking on the streets of midtown Manhattan. Granted they must be a little more descrete, but it's no big deal. The same applies all over the country, including the mid west. I go to JA for the beach and sea (and I live on Long Island), the food, beauty, the vibe, and especially the culture and PEOPLE!!! Ganja is, and has always been, decriminalized or not, a perk of JA. Vegas and JA are two totally different places, and people aren't going to go to either for ganja alone.
    Yes, people in nyc smoke in the street. I always smell it. Have always smelled it. Am guilty of it myself hahaha. People will go to Jamaica still!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    True Bnewb-I don't smoke anything but keep coming back to Jamaica for so many other reasons.
    Same for my husband. He never ever smokes. I brought him to Negril for his first trip in 2013 and we have been 7 times total. I said for next vacation mayne we try somewhere new. I don't wanna burn out on Negril. Well giess what? After much discussion and soul searching, he wants to go back ro Negril!! For him it has zero to do with weed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ever72 View Post
    Yes, people in nyc smoke in the street. I always smell it. Have always smelled it. Am guilty of it myself hahaha. People will go to Jamaica still!
    I smoke regularly, but I may not walk down the street in Manhattan with a joint in my mouth, or light up at the local bar. I love Negril, and since I can smoke at home, ganja certainly isn't why I go there. It is a great perk though. I'm amazed this thread has so much activity.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Maybe I'm too honest? I like my weed ,especially on vacation but never carry anywhere,so ? If I can go to Vegas and get legal weed, I like that option. If some young kids on spring break or a wedding group who have never been to Negril or Vegas but like to party,they may now choose Vegas.
    Also if they are from the Midwest or further the flight is shorter. Never said weed is why I decide to go to a destination. I have had some scary situations in other countries buying weed,unlike Negril.
    I will take Negril 9 out of 10 times but sometimes we like vanilla or chocolate ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Whynot,

Spring Break ended here well over a decade ago and no one misses it. The Spring Break companies made all the money. Hotels broke even at best. Restaurants and bars lost money.

It got so bad that even MTV was kicked out of their hotel. I was there when it happened. That was wild. Apparently that never happened to MTV before.

Vegas is going to have zero impact on Jamaica. Even weddings won't make a difference. The only thing similar about a wedding in Vegas and Negril is the fact that two people end up married. The comparison ends there.

This topic has ceased to serve much of a useful purpose. It is now closed as four people next to me at the bar roll and light up with no cares in the world...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!