Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a post from long ago

User Info Menu

Looking for a post from long ago

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I remember reading a post on here, I can't remember who it was, he or she was talking about their first trip to Negril. I think the time frame was sometime in the 1970s. There were a few people, I think in college, they went spur of the moment to Negril, got there really late and took a taxi, eating bread of some kind. The imagery was amazing, I felt like I was right there with them. I think I bookmarked it, but I've had several computers since then. Does anyone remember this? Any help greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for a post from long ago

Do you know approximately when this was posted and on which version of the board?

User Info Menu

I too remember this but was it a post or book. Banana Shout??

User Info Menu

Is this the one you were looking for?

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=francis

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

No, just remember years ago.

User Info Menu

It wasn't Banana Shout, it was a post.

User Info Menu

That's it! THANK YOU BOB! I knew the poster had an unusual name.

Didn't Piggymon post a series of these stories? I thought I saw more from him.

Very much appreciated!

User Info Menu

NegrilIrene,

Piggymon posted quite a few stories on this thread (has about 23 pages total) ranging from all different topics and contributions from many others that had the good fortune of visiting Negril 40 (or more) years ago. If you click on rjonsun's link you can follow the entire thread and read the many great posts from Piggymon and others. Hope this helps.

Name:  Brimsley at the Villa's.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  37.9 KBName:  Jamaican Delights.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  95.2 KB

User Info Menu

John,

Thank you, I am just starting to read through Piggymon's thread. The pictures are awesome, I would have loved to have experienced Negril in the 1970s as it was such a laid back time.

I tried to search for other posts from him, but the "40 years later" one is the only one I can find. Do you know if he just stopped posting?

User Info Menu

NegrilIrene,

I don't know Piggymon other than his thread on Negril.com so I can't help there, sorry! Maybe you can start a thread on here asking about him??

As far as the 70's in Negril goes it was a laid back time and fairly inexpensive at that, lot's of camping and staying with families as there were few hotels early on. My first visit was in 1975 for two weeks in April. After that it was several times a year my longest stay was a month long visit.

Hope this helps,
    John

Name:  Beach Sundown.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  84.4 KBName:  John and Denis.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  77.8 KB