Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: website for Juta Negril ?

User Info Menu

website for Juta Negril ?

does anyone know it? I usually use them when I first arrive & I can't find their website now for some reason.

User Info Menu

Re: website for Juta Negril ?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutWestEnder View Post
    does anyone know it? I usually use them when I first arrive & I can't find their website now for some reason.
    I used this one. http://www.jutataxiandtoursjamaica.c...ansfers_1.html

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

it's the Lucea chapter now......

http://www.jutataxiandtoursjamaica.c...ansfers_1.html

All Jamaican Airport Transfers include a complimentary beverage of your choice of Red Stripe Beer, Natural Spring Water, Sprite, or Pepsi.

$25.00 USD - Regular Airport Transfer - One Way - Per Person
    $50.00 USD - Regular Airport Transfer - Round Trip - Per Person

only transfer that is cheaper is booking Viator roundtrip on the internet for $34.99 roundtrip.......
    but it definitely has it's cons........loading up the buses and dropping off others before you reach Negril
    Viator is the one mi use....mi in Negril for a long time every reach so the extra time it takes is no problem.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    it's the Lucea chapter now......
    Cool Runnings, Marko

Marko...is this a very recent change that you've heard?

I drive by the Negril Juta Chapter office everyday and they're open and running.

The Negril Juta Chapter website is a bit odd...
    http://christianarenae.com/jutanegril/
    Last edited by Bnewb; 09-21-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The JUTA Negril Office sure seems open...

Name:  IMG_20170921_131631.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20170921_131701.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  89.1 KB
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The website does look different...

eta...

So I looked at the other one, the Lucea one, and it more resembles the website I had previously booked on for my last to trips.

So which is the "real" JUTA website?
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

I went to the link Accompong gave and did email them (filled out their form) but they never returned an answer. The Juta Negril next to Cosmo's has always and forever answered my email within a few hours. When I first did the search, I did see that rather odd looking website address but didn't click on it. The ride does take a bit longer but I have never had to wait at the airport any longer then 20 minutes for the bus to leave. I don't particularly like having to stop for food and drinks for about 45 minutes to an hour on the way but other people on the bus seem to like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

After talking with several JUTA Negril members, it is only fair that you know their position.

As is too common here, the previous JUTA Negril website was, for lack of a better term, being "held hostage" by the former website designer. As the designer, they also registered the domain name for JUTA Negril. That is not unusual, and a domain name is about $20 a year.

A dispute occurred and the designer/owner of the domain name wanted much more than $20 a year to release the domain name to JUTA Negril.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time here. Foreigners come in with incredible promises and offer to help a business with their websites. Then they take advantage of the situation. I have even been falsely accused of this practice by other Negril site/page owners. I contacted them and had their libelous lies removed.

This problem gives me and all other honest web developers a bad reputation. Over the years, I have helped many businesses regain control of their sites, and when that was impossible without paying an exorbitant fee, to change the domain name slightly to get the business back online.

The present JUTA Negril website is new, and they will no doubt be getting a domain name.

This is an unfortunate reality with any business that allows the developer to hold all the cards. There are many developers you can trust to do the right thing even with a dispute. But there are some "cyber squatters" that take advantage of those that don't know. This can happen anywhere in any country. The international law is currently on the side of the person who registered the domain name, but there are arbitration rulings changing the current system everyday.

Hopefully this situation can be resovled amicably. This is not the first time we have had to deal with this same issue with the same developer. I am helping another business having the same problem with a different developer.

Needless to say, this is a very important and aggravating topic for me. Sorry to vent, but this is really disheartening. If any of you know of any friends or businesses having this or similar problems, please have them contact me at 423-5479 or rob@negril.com.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the explanation, I clicked on this one http://christianarenae.com/jutanegril/ and made my reservations with no problem, they answered my email within an hour. I have used Juta Negril for years and years, mainly because it is inexpensive. I do prefer a private taxi which I used last February but often they don't use the air conditioner and it makes it hard for the person sitting in the back seat with all that breeze from the open windows blowing on them.
    "A dispute occurred and the designer/owner of the domain name wanted much more than $20 a year to release the domain name to JUTA Negril." -- that really STINKS since Juta Negril has been around forever... ! ! ! When I first went to book the above website did come up in the search but it didn't look right, but it is !