Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citronella anyone? Whatgwan

User Info Menu

Citronella anyone? Whatgwan

Ok have posted & asked yes I know it's under new ownership. Has anyone stayed since & what is the vibe. From reading the last post it wasn't positive. I want Cathy & John back!

User Info Menu

Re: Citronella anyone? Whatgwan

I didn't stay there last February and March, I did really miss staying there though. Stopped by and spoke to Kevin briefly though. I didn't read the 'last post' that you refer to - I have always had a problem with the water pressure there unless I want to get up at 3 or 4 a.m. and take a cold shower. I wish the new owners well though, that piece of property is absolutely beautiful.

User Info Menu

I don't have any info on the current situation at Citronella. But I know the last time we stayed there the water pressure was really bad and when we asked Trebor about it he turned it up for us! That was an inconveneience. I love no AC, no tv, no phone. But to not be able to take a shower w/o having to track them down on the opposite end of the property was super annoying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ever72 View Post
    I don't have any info on the current situation at Citronella. But I know the last time we stayed there the water pressure was really bad and when we asked Trebor about it he turned it up for us! That was an inconveneience. I love no AC, no tv, no phone. But to not be able to take a shower w/o having to track them down on the opposite end of the property was super annoying.

Yeah I really fell in love with the place it will aurely be missed. I guess anything that good couldn't last forever. The staff was amazing & always made us feel like family. Trevor, Adrian & Collete. Talk about a piece of paradise no tv your own cliffside to explore augh man what's a gal todo? There is nothing that compares or is there? C'mon someone's holding out on me. Tryin to come this week or so & if anyone has any places in mind would love to hear.

User Info Menu

I liked Citronella when I stayed there too! But if you're looking for peace and quiet with no phones or TV's, have you looked at Tingalaya's Retreat? It's on the far west end. Stayed there a couple of times and loved it! Basic amenities with a communal kitchen, but the caretakers there are fantastic! They have rooms on the ocean side, and across the street also.

User Info Menu

y tried to book Tingalaya's in late December and early January a week and a half ago and every room and cottage were totally booked up already ! I definitely want to stay there sometime, it loves great, so peaceful and beautiful out that way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutWestEnder View Post
    y tried to book Tingalaya's in late December and early January a week and a half ago and every room and cottage were totally booked up already ! I definitely want to stay there sometime, it loves great, so peaceful and beautiful out that way.
    Tingalaya's looks cool and they have at least 3 Justin Love paintings!

User Info Menu

It is still NICE so if you have stayed there before, it is the same. I am a little disappointed actually, not to be staying there. With my very long hair and going swimming so much, the not so great water pressure makes it difficult to wash my hair and get all the salt from the sea out. I definitely don't want to diss the property, it is unbelievably beautiful and so very private. I stayed there for years and years and love the place.

User Info Menu

Well it appears to still be up & running however, knowone responds to emails so such is life right. Guess I will pack my tent & be adventurous! Did Nirvana last time was thinking xtabi, seagrape,catchca, idk just lost in translation lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loveanother View Post
    Well it appears to still be up & running however, knowone responds to emails so such is life right. Guess I will pack my tent & be adventurous! Did Nirvana last time was thinking xtabi, seagrape,catchca, idk just lost in translation lol.
    I have the new owners personal email at work (as well as his phone number) on Monday when I go back to work I will post it. If you have been trying to get the place between Christmas and New Years, it's a no go -- Caves guests for their New Year's Eve party usually stay at Citronella. So it is booked solid then so might be why you didn't get a response.

Definitely don't give up on Citronella, it is just as it has always been, one of the great gems of Negril as far as being on three acres of land and only those cottages you know are there.