Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: For lovers of literature and a good time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

For lovers of literature and a good time

Copied from Treasurebeach.net

For lovers of literature and a good time, Two Seasons Talking Trees Literary Fiesta is happening on Saturday, February 25, 2012 in Treasure Beach on the grounds of Two Seasons Guest House (www.2seasonsguesthouse.com). Please do visit our blog at www.2seasonsguesthouse.com/blog for details.

The programme is a a stimulating mix of well-known and new Jamaican writers, who will begin to tell their stories at 10 a.m. The poetic voices of Michael Abrahams, Malachi Smith, Easton Lee, Christine Craig, Monique Morrison, fabian thomas, and Kalilah Enriquez will be joined by folklorist Fern Luecke, novelists Melanie Schwapp, Roland Watson- Grant, Igoni Barrett and non-fiction writer, Mark Thomas.

Playwright Aston Cooke will give a first reading of his production Jonkanoo Jamboree, which was written especially for Jamaica’s 50th Independence celebrations.

The focus of the panel discussion is Writing for Children, and panelists are children’s writers Diane Brown, Jean Forbes, Kellie Magnus, and Sharon Martini. Suzanne Francis-Brown will be the moderator.

A children’s programme will run simultaneously through the day managed by Ingrid Blackwood.

Talking Trees is part of the Treasure Beach Culture Fest 2012, taking place from February 24-26, 2012.

Warm regards
    Last edited by Jim-Donna; 02-07-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Note T.B.net
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

I was happy to read this. I know many people were upset when Calabash Festival was cancelled. Any word if it will be re-started or is this it's replacement?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Hey Nige. Thanks, I'll pass on the word.

User Info Menu

Calabash is back for 50th Anniversay Celebration May 2012 ...

User Info Menu

Re: For lovers of literature and a good time

And still going strong in 2014 !
    http://www.calabashfestival.org/2014/schedule.html