Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A week from today.....

User Info Menu

A week from today.....

.....I will land at Sangster and let out a cheer. Hurry thru the airport and out the doors to the sweet smell of sea air and the patty shack. Then that beautiful drive along the coast past the lush colorful nature with the mountain looming on my left shoulder and the hypnotizing blue blue sea to my right. Sea breeze against my face and reggae in my ears. All my senses at attention. I feel my whole body relax. There is no feeling like it I have ever had. I chatter like a child w/the driver about news and weather. Searching the faces of the Jamaicans in each town and smile at the hustle/bustle of their day. I feel so blessed and grateful to be back on the island once again and promise myself I will soak up every moment.

Then I start seeing familiar landmarks and we are in Negril. I keep say "Awww" and have the biggest smile on my face. {EXHALE}

Name:  Jamaica June 2011 - 019 (Small).jpg
Views: 431
Size:  44.8 KB
    Name:  Town 2.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  64.7 KB
    Name:  From Treehouse (Medium).jpg
Views: 423
Size:  53.7 KB
    Name:  Day and Night (Medium).jpg
Views: 426
Size:  24.2 KB
    Name:  Cafe Goa Band (Medium).jpg
Views: 407
Size:  82.6 KB
    Name:  Picture 494.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  65.8 KB
    Name:  Picture 349.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  43.9 KB
    Name:  Picture 396.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  81.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

A Week from Today, I'll be traveling the same road..... Same thoughts rolling through my head, stress melting away as we head out of MoBay, soon come

User Info Menu

I just woke up, made a cup of coffee and logged on to Negril.com. These are the best images to wake up to! Sunshine, palm trees, beaches, and a crystal clear sea...Negril soon come!!
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures Sweetness!! It brightened my morning! We can't wait to meet you later this month!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I'm right behind you .... The ride in is always among the most vivid memory for every reach to Negril -- not sure why.

User Info Menu

There is nothing like that first breath when you get out in Mo"Bay... I can remember when it used to happen upon exiting the airplane and walking down to the tarmac...

sigh.....

User Info Menu

Clarity besides all the other meet ups - hope to see you and Markus at Canoe to hear your friend Greenie play steel drums (Thurs).
    Safe travels and see you pon di rock!!!!!!

Name:  056.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  50.5 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  44.5 KB
    Last edited by Sweetness; 04-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    There is nothing like that first breath when you get out in Mo"Bay... I can remember when it used to happen upon exiting the airplane and walking down to the tarmac...

sigh.....

I use to love that! The new airport is nice, but it's just not the same as getting off the plane on the tarmac!

We're right behind you Sweetness. We arrive a week from Sunday!!
    [/url]

User Info Menu

woo hoo - look out Negril - the boardies are descending!!!!!!
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    Clarity besides all the other meet ups - hope to see you and Markus at Canoe to hear your friend Greenie play steel drums (Thurs).
    Safe travels and see you pon di rock!!!!!!

Name:  056.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  50.5 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  44.5 KB
    We'll certainly be at a thursday webcast @ Canoe to see Greenie Perform! Can't wait!!
    See you soon in Negril!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

The thought that always comes into my mind on this journey each & everytime is, How & Why, did the Almighty send me to this place called Jamaica, What is the common bond??? Why, I've never been to another country, my big event out of my small little town in Missouri was a trip to Walmart to the next biggest town. I drove for the first time to the big city(Kansas City) when I was 32. Gotta love the talks in smart town, main street USA. They choose the one who will ask,Why, do you go there? All I can say is," Just Liv'in Life, I guess". Now, it's, saw a TV program on Jamaica last night! By the way, Hope do ya get one of those Passports? Hehe.....In 7 days I'll be were my heart feels, peace......