Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Affordable long term Apt rentals in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: Affordable long term Apt rentals in Negril

Oh! I do apologize if my information was misleading or confusing

"You will not need fingerprinting in Jamaica for your work permit...you will need to provide a police record from your current home town (which may or may not require fingerprinting) but regardless you do not have to go to Sav...they do NOT do this is Sav."
    In my experience fingerprinting is/was necessary. Perhaps its because of the current home town requirement? Maybe if you are from a certain country or city it is not required. Also, in my experience Sav WAS the place to go - maybe not anymore? I know some people that have a police officer come to their house to fingerprint them and they also take care of getting the prints where they need to be in Kingston. They pay a fee for that service.

Like Bnewb said, do as much as you can online - how refreshing! Back in the day there would be at least two trips to Kingston for this purpose (getting the work permit) but these days with the internet that may be a thing of the past.

Carry on!

User Info Menu

Tiger Lilly/Rastagirl777/Nikki...I assume this is you as you've brought up the same wrong info on several occasions in the past...please stop.
    "In my experience fingerprinting is/was necessary." Nikki...again...you've never had a work permit...you're only here a couple a months a year as a tourist...this isn't helping anyone.

When you first apply for a work permit in Jamaica you will need to get a police record from your home country/town...it does not make any sense to apply for a police record in a country you have yet to live! The legal requirements have NOT changed.
    The only LEGAL place to get a police record after you've been living here & then have to RENEW your work permit is Montego Bay or Kingston. But, this is not something you have to worry about yet, Copper350.

I don't mean to come off too harsh...but I will be blunt when wrong information keeps getting posted. I hope this helps!!

User Info Menu

I didn't see the post from doctoro. Is it in a different thread?

User Info Menu

Coco..it was in a thread in a link that I posted...
    http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1298406676

User Info Menu

WORK permit and negril...now that's an oxymoron....lol