Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

SATP is a really nice place. You will not be disappointed. WE have stayed there two different times. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

i hope the new owners repaint the place...i get dizzy looking at all these incompatical colours...lol

User Info Menu

I’m so sad about this.

We stayed at the Grand Pineapple twice. GP was my first hotel experience in Negril. The staff went above and beyond to make our first stay in Jamaica amazing. Ralston, Patrick, Andrew, Tayshain, Kenneil, Alex and the entire crew. They truly took care of us...

It’s really the people working there that made this hotel so unique and special. I hope they are all offered positions at other properties.

I was really upset when I heard about this yesterday. I still can't believe the Grand Pineapple is closing!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

I hear ya about the colors, lanetop, lol!

And I feel really bad about the workers at Grand Pineapple and can't help but wonder how little notice they got and what are they going to do now?

I'm just relieved I don't have to be worried about being shipped off to somewhere else in Jamaica, and plan on steering everyone I come into contact with away from Sandals resorts, because as far as I'm concerned, they have some pretty bad business practices.

User Info Menu

Well Amy and so glad it all worked out-and if i say ,to your advantage..SATP ia awesome (i;ve never stayed-just checked it out)...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Where will Courtney the Carver go? Oh my.....someone please keep an eye out and let me know where he ends up - he is awesome and has been exclusive there for a long time! So it goes.....one thing we can count on is CHANGE. Bless all
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I am really upset about this. I just booked a couple of weeks ago to take our adult children and their spouses to GP next March for our 30th anniversary. I guess I need to contact my travel agent ASAP about our deposits!

User Info Menu

I am so sad to hear this. GP was one of my favorite AI places. Great staff, Great General Manager and wonderful Courtney! So, property up for sale? How much and where can one find out about this? So sad to see such changes.

User Info Menu

Their website does not mention this! Why not? When were they going to tell people this? I have a room booked Thanksgiving week. Does this mean that if they send me to another property that I will have to pay the difference between GP's room and Sandal's room? I booked GP 3 years ago during Thanksgiving week and was sent to Beaches Sandy Bay for 2 days then back to GP. Are Beaches and Sandals the same? Beaches has 3 resorts in Jamaica and Sandals has 7 resorts. I only want to stay in Negril.
    Last edited by NegrilIrene; 07-09-2012 at 09:52 PM.

User Info Menu

NegrilIrene & GregandKelly - Negrilaholic had reservations at GP and she was transferred to Sunset at the Palms which looks like a beautiful AI. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about SATP. this resort is in Negril as well. I doubt they would make you pay more to stay at their other Sandals resort in Negril. They have inconvenienced you and You may end up with quite an upgrade. Yes Beaches and Sandals are the same. (From what I have read, Beaches Sandy Bay is also closing.) I hope everything works out for both of you.

Negrilaholic - I'm happy to hear that they transferred you to such a nice hotel and that it worked out in the end. I was worried for you too when I first heard of the closure. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time there.

Sweetness - I've been thinking about Courtney the Carver too... I visited him at Grand Pineapple last April, It was so great to see him...I wonder where he will go now...
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-09-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Carpe Diem