Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

I just want to make clear that Sunset At The Palms is not a Sandals resort, and the transfer to SATP was arranged via the booking agency and not Sandals resorts, so the first people you might want to contact if you need to make arrangements to find other resorts, either within, or outside of Sandals, would probably be the booking agency you used. Also, from what I understand, Beaches Sandy Bay is also closing, but I don't know any of the details of that at all, just that I wouldn't think it would be an option if they are closing too. I for one personally would suggest getting out of any obligation with Sandals at all given the way they conduct their business, and while I don't know anything about legalities, to me what is right is that since they broke their word, that should be considered a breach of contract and anyone should be able to get their money back. Now how that works in the real world, instead of how things should be, I honestly have no idea if that is even doable or not, but I wish everyone making arrangements the best of luck in their endeavors and really hope things work out for the best for everyone.

User Info Menu

We were going to book GP for our daughter's wedding. At the last minute, she changed her mind to Riu Tropical Bay. I wasn't too happy with the change of venue. However, now...I'm so relieved! Having to worry about 25 people rebooking would have been a nightmare. Thinking of those losing their jobs and hopefully they find something better.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Here's a link on the Beaches Sandy Bay closing. Its been out there for a few months.
    http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...y-bay-jamaica/

User Info Menu

From what I understand Beaches Sandy Bay was leased by Sandals from the man who owns the water park across the street. He opted not to renew their lease and is taking the property back. I believe it is going to close for a while for refurbishing and then reopen with the original owner's family managing it.

I have stayed at GP for the last 6 years every year and am going to miss it terribly!

I wonder what happens to our "loyalty" points that were accumulated. I almost had enough for a free week at GP.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

SATP is a nice alternative but you do have to cross that busy street to get to the beach,they have guards.They also have a fairly new oceanfront bar/restaurant. Bloody Bay is nice, Natural bar and others to the left side of the beach. The island you will see to the left,Booby Cay was used as the aerial shots for Gilligans Island.

User Info Menu

Clarity, my travel agent said the same thing. He thinks it's a blessing in disguise! He said that no matter where they offer to send us, our rates are locked in at the GP rate. Now it's a matter of waiting until Sandals contacts my travel agent! (I am not a patient person, but I guess I will learn to be!) I will post whatever I eventually find out!

User Info Menu

I have a reservation for 2013 and all Sandals will do is relocate me to Boscobel Beach in Ochi. The room would be an upgrade but I have no desire to stay there so I will get my deposit back and have to start looking again in July[ wasting 5 months thinking I had a res for 2013}. At least I didn't get my air ticket yet, so I am flexible on dates. I really liked GP, hope it reopens soon under new mgt.

User Info Menu

Guys...you wanna know how ROTTEN sandals is?....Rob started this thread on Sunday...I just discovered it today....but booked directly through Sandals by phone on FRIDAY, Jul 6th....got a discount for being a returning guest, and have the printed invoice, e-mail confirm. and everything for a Mar 2013 GP stay....they HAD to know that the property was closing(ok, maybe the booking clerk on the phone didn't) but still allowed me to book, for 8 MONTHS OUT!!!...I don't have a travel agent to work with, as I went directly through them, and am waiting for them to contact me, to tell me where they will put us, I told them that we wouldn't be "showing up" at the Sandals desk at Sangster since we will already be staying a few days at Seastar Inn(also, already booked)...I need either e refund from them, or guaranteed in writing accommodations at Sandals Negril....Beaches won't cut it....to be continued, I guess

User Info Menu

Personally, if I were you, I would not wait for Sandals to contact you, but contact them yourself, and do not give up until you talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and is able to make other arrangements to your satisfaction. I do believe in this instance it could very well be a case of the sqeaky wheel getting the grease. I know I for one would have HATED being shipped to Ocho Rios, as I come to Jamaica for the beach at Negril, and to be able to swim around in the water to my hearts content, not be confined to a small beach area...and Beaches is very kid oriented, so be it Beaches Boscobel or Beaches Negril, I know I would be very unhappy. I know I am going to be telling all my friends and family to stay far away from all Sandals resorts!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Boscobel is tired and lame.