Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

Thanks Clarity. I called them after I posted and they said they don't have any official information so they couldn't tell me anything. I booked them through Orbitz and Orbitz said that Sandals had contacted them about my call. I do not want to stay anywhere except Negril and just want to get away from Sandals completely.

I just checked my e-mail and got this from Orbitz:
    We have been contacted by the Grand Pineapple Beach Negril that they are unable to accommodate your reservation. The Grand Pineapple Beach Negril has oversold their hotel rooms. On behalf of the hotel we truly apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

To secure your accommodation upon arrival in Negril, we have arranged your stay at the Beaches Boscobel at no additional cost. The property is of the same star rating and you will be provided the same or comparable room type. You may click the link below for further details:

http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm

Kindly reply to this email if you agree with the above information. Should you decline this alternate hotel, we can cancel your reservation and process a full refund.

Also, we are more than happy to help you find a comparable hotel which you may consider reserving at current hotel rates. Please let us know your decision at your earliest convenience.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Thank you,

Mae
    Orbitz Customer Service

This is not acceptable. I do not want to stay at Beaches Boscobol! My reservation was for an AI in NEGRIL, not somewhere else.
    Last edited by NegrilIrene; 07-11-2012 at 08:38 PM.

User Info Menu

I love the way Mae does not leave her last name. Orbitz is a multi-million dollar company, no???

IMO, considering the inconvenience, they should not give you a "comparable" room at the same rate, but a "PIMP" room at a BETTER rate. Am I crazy????

User Info Menu

Then again, I just checked the rack rate -- it's 600 per night!

User Info Menu

I'm on the phone with Orbitz right now, and they act like they are on another planet. The rep is pissing me off, I told her to put me at Beaches Negril and she said she has to see if a room is available BS!

Update:
    I demanded to talk to a manager and the guy was just as stupid and clueless as the other rep. He said that he would call GP about my reservation, completely not getting it that I don't have a reservation there anymore even though I must have told him 4 times. Wow, I'm in shock. I think the best thing would be to just cancel. I am no longer going to deal with Orbitz, they are incompetent!
    Last edited by NegrilIrene; 07-11-2012 at 09:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow, I'm so glad that I was able to get out of everything to do with Sandals, and I hope you are able to get your money back asap and rebook somewhere else.

User Info Menu

They said that RIU was available and I said no way. I have trip insurance but now I'll have to buy other trip insurance for my new rebooking. I still want to stay at an AI, do you know of a good one?

User Info Menu

Well, I got my reservation changed to Sunset At the Palms, they look like a very nice place and have heard a lot of good things about them.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Dont do Club Riu,do the Riu Trop....Club Riu had kids,the beach is sand over cement,lots of algae in the water.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    Dont do Club Riu,do the Riu Trop....Club Riu had kids,the beach is sand over cement,lots of algae in the water.

I actually don't give Riu Club that negative of a review. Did 4 nights there in April. I wouldn't stay there or anywhere on bloody bay again, as it's not close enough tot he rest of Negril.

However, I give the Resort decent marks.

I was told by even the locals though - DO NOT under any circumstances walk from Club to the other resorts at night unless you are with a big group.. They said it was most dangerous as there is no lighting etc.

User Info Menu

very disappointed. the best value in negril. perhaps they did not charge enuff. we very much enjoyed visiting with patrizia when we stayed there.