Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

My travel agent has come thru! Sandals wanted to send us to Boscobel Bay. My wife stood firm and called Sandals to tell them this was unacceptable. They said they had to deal with my travel agent. I emailed him and passed onto him some of the details Sandals told my wife. I got an email from him this morning saying they had switched us to Beaches Negril. Not exactly what we wanted.....but at least we are back in Negril! Woo Hoo!

User Info Menu

Right on, good for you for sticking to your guns!

User Info Menu

Greg and Kelly you should have been able to get booked somewhere you are happy at.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! We didn't want a "family" resort, but it is in Negril and a more upscale resort that we booked originally, so we won't complain. Now, start the countdown to spring!!

User Info Menu

Gregandkelly63, I take it that you are travelling before March of next year...I was sticking to my guns, and demanded to speak to a supervisor(dealing directly thru Sandals)...they said that our dates(last week of March) was prime Spring Break period, and unfortunately there was no way they could place us in Beaches or Sandals in Negril.....as boscobel is not acceptable at all...I am waiting on my card to be refunded(they said 2 business weeks)...make sure your travel agent/you can get that in writing is my advice...Now we are seriously considering a Non-AI for our week

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Good job Greg, Bocobel is tired and your'e not in Negril.

User Info Menu

lisapat,

We are going in mid-March. We already have the confirmation email with our reservation number on it from Beaches Negril. I don't know how our travel agent did it.....but I'm glad he pulled it off! I wonder if a travel agent has more pull since they could threaten to direct clients to other resorts. Just wondering!

User Info Menu

good job is right!!....Maybe the travel agent has more sway than the individual who has booked directly through the company....I didn't see the need to argue with someone who was as relentless to keep going as me, kept putting me on hold, and had my deposit in the bank if I didn't act within 7 days of booking(was in the fine print for"Unique Vacations", the booking "alias" of Sandals)...just as well I guess....We are seriously considering CocoLaPalm or Negril Treehouse now.....just like to drink alot on vacation is the only problem

User Info Menu

Can't believe this is still up....letting people book for Negril
    http://www.grandpineapple.com/
    ....and it even has a link to read tripadvisor reviews....like this one my husband posted
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/NautiBoy

User Info Menu

Your T/A really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Sandals would only switch me to Boscobel, so I got my deposit back. I hope Grand Pineapple reopens under new owners -- I don't want to see a boarded up property there or even worse...abandoned property.