Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

Exclamation Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

The Grand Pineapple Negril will be closing permanently on August 11th, 2012. For those with reservations after this date, your bookings will be handled by one of the other Sandals properties in Jamaica. For more details or to change your bookings, please contact your travel agent, or Sandals Worldwide Representatives - Unique Vacations at 1-888-SANDALS. They will be able to let you know which property will be handling your reservation.

Sandals will be placing the Grand Pineapple property up for sale, and are making arrangements for their staff Team Members to be transferred to one of their other properties. Those that cannot find alternative employment will receive their redundancy payments as required under Jamaican law.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

Holy crap

User Info Menu

Holy crap is right. We have 5 couples booked in for Oct. 7-14. We will wait and see what happens.

User Info Menu

Another chapter comes to a close. I've enjoyed a couple of holidays there. Hopefully it does not stay closed for long.

User Info Menu

Just got off the phone with them, and they said they couldn't confirm anything becaus their operations dept is currently closed for the day.... I do NOT want to be at any other Sandals property, I wanted to be in a small AI and on Long Bay, not some big AI off by itself somewhere!!!!!! What pisses me off more than anything is they are probably not going to be issuing refunds, and I put a thousand bucks of my money into a eight night stay THERE not somewhere else in Negril, or even God alone knows where in Jamaica..plus, I knew that at Grand Pineapple, it wouldn't be a huge hassle to tip now and then if I wanted to, unlike other larger Sandals properties that do those damn kgb spy tactics to fire people in sting operations they catch accpting tips, I am beyond pissed off right now!!!!

User Info Menu

well crap!!!!! I need to tell my friend Lori, we had reservations for the 10th to the 18th!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

wow I didn't see that one coming. That was the only AI I have ever considering staying at in Negril due to location and vibe. I hope it gets purchased by good owners who make a success of it. I wonder if they are considering refunding guests who don't want to be stuck in another Sandals not on seven mile.

User Info Menu

Negrilaholic wait till you talk to them and see if they will give you a refund. Since your whole reason for travel to Negril is to be on long bay--all your friends are in that area and it is where you always travel to and what you are comfortable with, maybe they will refund. If they can't put you in a property in that area, they should refund. Maybe they have exchange privileges with another Negril/long bay resort. That sucks though, I know how it was difficult for you to even decide to stay there and it was mainly for your friend's sake.

User Info Menu

I just told them it had to be Negril, and that it didn't need to be an AI, just not any other city, and was naming out places like Treehouse and Charela (they checked Seastar first, but was booked up!), but when he said Sunset AT the Palms, I was like, hell yah, that would be great!

I also want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Rob for being on the ball and getting the word out so I could get something done about this! You rock!
    Last edited by negrilaholic; 07-08-2012 at 07:08 PM.

User Info Menu

WHEW, what a relief, just got off the phone with my friend and her husband, and they transferred us to Sunset At The Palms! I always thought that place looked really nice, and am excited to be going there..I don't care it's not right on the beach and we have to share a king bed, lol, as long as we are someplace nice and it's not a Sandals property, because I am beyond disgusted with their shadiness right now!!!