Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Beach question for cliff stayers

User Info Menu

Beach question for cliff stayers

I've been to jamaica countless times and to negril a few times but it was always with friends and we basically lived the 'bachelor party' lifestyle from start to finish. but this time i will be taking the family and staying on the cliffs so things will be different and theres a few things im not sure about. the kids definitely want to play at margaritaville on their beach, but do they have beach chairs there available for everyone to use for the day [free or rental]? its been a few years since i was there so even if i remembered clearly, things change often so i want to know what to expect. and if there isnt beach chairs available there, is there a next best place close by so that we can still be in that area of the beach?

also, does anyone have any recent pics of the menus from some popular places to eat such sips and bites, mi yard, and those kind of places that offer a wider variety of choices for a family of different tastes? i ask because young americanized kids can be pretty stubborn to try different foods so it would be nice to know before we reach a certain place if 2 stops are gonna be necessary for everyone to eat....thanks in advance for any help

User Info Menu

Re: Beach question for cliff stayers

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_Number View Post
    I've been to jamaica countless times and to negril a few times but it was always with friends and we basically lived the 'bachelor party' lifestyle from start to finish. but this time i will be taking the family and staying on the cliffs so things will be different and theres a few things im not sure about. the kids definitely want to play at margaritaville on their beach, but do they have beach chairs there available for everyone to use for the day [free or rental]? its been a few years since i was there so even if i remembered clearly, things change often so i want to know what to expect. and if there isnt beach chairs available there, is there a next best place close by so that we can still be in that area of the beach?

also, does anyone have any recent pics of the menus from some popular places to eat such sips and bites, mi yard, and those kind of places that offer a wider variety of choices for a family of different tastes? i ask because young americanized kids can be pretty stubborn to try different foods so it would be nice to know before we reach a certain place if 2 stops are gonna be necessary for everyone to eat....thanks in advance for any help

Negril Treehouse has plenty of beach chairs and a pool . Ice cream in freezer and we just ask that your support our restaurant

User Info Menu

Where you staying on the cliffs? Seastar has a broad assortment of food to handle just about any pallet from Pizza to pasta to jerk chicken. Their menu is posted on their website as well. Had the pizza last week and was surprised at how good it was considering you are in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I agree that Treehouse is a great place to hang out on the beach , and if your kids can't find something to eat there then I don't know what to say. If they like chinese food the chinese chef there makes some of the best I have had worldwide. Also. Alan the rock star's chicken lunch cannot be beat anywhere.

User Info Menu

Yep, Margaritaville has plenty of chairs and loungers free of charge.
    It's a nice place to hang out for the day, I have done it many times. Plus they have a very americanized menu for the kids
    I like it there because the beach is nice, easy access to bathrooms, nice loungers, water trampoline, etc.
    I don't care for when they bus in the AI or cruise ship crowds but if you manage to go at a time that doesn't happen it can be a fun place to hang out. They even have a little playground for the kiddies

I second Booger's recommendation for food at Seastar, they have a menu that is sure to please anyone.

User Info Menu

Seastar on the cliff side and Treehouse on the beach are both excellent suggestions. Some of my best meals in Jamaica were at both locations, and the atmosphere can't be beat.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info from all of you, gail i actually spent a week at the tree house a long time so good to know im still welcome

as for the menus, i think everything should be ok i just wanted to have some ideas ahead of time to avoid the stress of explaining why theres no happy meals

User Info Menu

If your kids do get a hankering for American food, if all else fails, there is a Burger King in downtown Negril too.