Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple closing August 11th...

negrilaholic, while at satp, you are a stone's throw away from office of nature . . . you'll love that vibe . . . i absolutely loved everything about sunset at the palms, never minded crossing the road to the beach. no hassles from anyone at that end of the beach.

User Info Menu

Well...got off the phone with Sandals...they were dead set on putting us at Beaches Boscobel in Ochi...and I demanded a refund on my deposit!!...so, now what? NegrilIrene, as far as AI's go, SATP,RIU's...could take a chance and do one of the Merrill's....I'm gonna have to really look some..

User Info Menu

if you get over the AI life would be a lot easeier!
    Go for the mom and pops and enjoy!

User Info Menu

I know I'm only going AI because that's what my friend feels most comfortable with, but I do know that if one has to go AI, that from all the pics and reviews I have seen, Sunset at the Palms is the way to go! I'm just glad that those who want refunds are able to get them..after reading reviews of Beaches Boscobel, I know I would not have been happy there at all!

User Info Menu

Quite frankly, if this was happening to me, I truly would be ticked! However, with many trips under my belt, I would choose not to go AI. Step out now that you have a chance and talk a "walk on the wild side" and enjoy all that Negril has to offer. Plus, you will have money to enjoy some extra fun trips! There are so many great places on the beach and the cliffs to spread your wings and fly to the good times. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Don't get me wrong, I am not totally against the AI experience...my first 2 trips to Negril were in an AI and I learned quite a bit while there. Luckily, we got to know many of the employees who were honest enough to let us know about all the fun outside of the resort. Once we had a taste of that, we stepped out on our own and haven't looked back. BTW, we are still great friends with the employees to this day! After 26 plus trips!! Good friends indeed!!!

User Info Menu

They are sending us to Boscobel too. there is 8 of us and we had our hearts set on taking our kids to Negril. Not sure what we are going to do yet.

User Info Menu

Fred Stripe, definitely not staying at any RIU, I would hate it there, not my idea of where I want to stay.

lisapat, thanks for the thoughts of AI's but I wasn't given SATP as an option, don't want RIU, and when I checked to see prices for SATP, it's more than I can afford, I'll look at Merrill's. GP was actually more than I could afford but I really wanted to stay there.

I went ahead and cancelled, I was so ticked off at how I was treated, I just wanted to be done with it and I will never use Orbitz again. I used Travel Guard for my trip insurance, I wonder if they will let me keep my policy as this was an unforseen situation and just add on the new hotel at no cost.

Why are they saying that GP's rooms are overbooked, why can't they tell the truth?
    Last edited by NegrilIrene; 07-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.

User Info Menu

IIRC, as long as your trip dates do not change, Travel Guard will not need to make any changes. Any time I buy trip insurance the only info they require are the trip costs per person and the travel dates, they never ask the name of the hotel or airline.

User Info Menu

NegrilIrene...there are other choices along 7 mile beach that are locally owned/run that offer the "A/I option"...there have been threads I've seen here in the past that talk about them, and how some are not necessarily the "traditional" AI that most are used to...I'm looking at Bob and Susan's site now, and am sure we will book something with them http://www.negrilonestop.com/ <--take a look, seems they get/give some of the best rates I've seen..and have GOBS of info on the properties

User Info Menu

Well.....it looks like we are headed to Boscobel Bay. We discussed the options with our kids and apparently they don't care where we go since they are getting a free vacation. lol We really wanted to take them to Negril, but I guess we will satisfied simply to take them to Jamaica. As one of our kids said....."It doesn't matter where we are, as long as we are all together we will have fun!" Such a good kid!