Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Pineapple Negril Confirmed

User Info Menu

Re: Grand Pineapple Negril Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    I still harbor a little resentment on this news...I LOVE the GP, and our stay there this past March was awesome, but after booking for next yr, through their website mind you, when they KNEW they were closing, then to be told we'd be staying at Boscobel...then cancelling my res. and getting my deposit back....then.....booking elsewhere since our air was bought, and non-refundable....to hear they are re-opening the place...it's bittersweet to say the least....I love GP, and plan on returning, but don't think I want to try and cancel the res. we have now to book a stay there again...I'm also told that the prices are more now than prior to closing, considerably more....thanks Sandals

If they were not making enough money to where they had to shut it down, does it surprise you that they would raise their rates? I looked at the site yesterday and they were offering I believe 65% off during certain periods.

User Info Menu

It's 245 per night for a single for Christmas week -- that's a lot!

User Info Menu

I am so disgusted with Sandals that they have jerked us around on this. This the 4th Sandals resort that we have been booked with since originally booking GP for next march.

User Info Menu

it will never be the same for us!we were married on the beach in 2002 at the then Negril Gardens. It will always be the Negril Gardens to I and I!!!

cya in Feb.2013

Bless

semi(and crew)

User Info Menu

That 65% off is the same dribble you always see yr round on the Sandals commercials "book now and save up to 65% off"...that IS their rack rate, regardless of how it gets spun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    I still harbor a little resentment on this news...I LOVE the GP, and our stay there this past March was awesome, but after booking for next yr, through their website mind you, when they KNEW they were closing, then to be told we'd be staying at Boscobel...then cancelling my res. and getting my deposit back....then.....booking elsewhere since our air was bought, and non-refundable....to hear they are re-opening the place...it's bittersweet to say the least....I love GP, and plan on returning, but don't think I want to try and cancel the res. we have now to book a stay there again...I'm also told that the prices are more now than prior to closing, considerably more....thanks Sandals
    I agree completely. I am glad they reopened BUT it was very disingenuous[sp?]of them to close and then decide to re open with higher prices, after most of their previously booked guests booked elsewhere. I feel like they threw away my business for NO reason. I see this as an opportunity to try something else in Negril. GP has shown they are not to be trusted ,in as much as one can trust any hotel. I am going to check them out while in Negril, of course. They did us wrong for sure.

User Info Menu

I'm wondering if they couldn't find a buyer so Sandals decided to re-open.

User Info Menu

Grand Pineapple is like a boyfriend you caught cheating......you are always suspicious of him after that and can't trust him enough to take him back. It was and felt like a dirty deal when they first closed and now their re-opening feels like another slap in the face.

User Info Menu

We have a friend who is cab driver for them and he said that if it didn't sell by
    mid-Oct, that they planned all along to open it again for tourist season. We just
    held our reservations with Funjet in hopes that neww owners would honor our
    reservations or the rumore that they would reopen for tourist season was true.
    Bad business but all they care about is themselves.

User Info Menu

I wonder if Juinor Gordon is still the manager??