Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the most?

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    It's probably been mentioned several times in the early thread but our fave was Pete's on the beach north of beach club & T-Water. Little wooden house on the beach with 4 picnic tables on the beach. No matter what you ordered you got garlic lobster with rice & peas. If it started to rain two guys would run out pick up your table. & run up the steps & inside with it. One time spent the evening listening to his mama or wife chewing his a** , all night. I'll never forget the lungs on that woman. Lol. Probably gone 20 years. Does any one know what is in its place today???
    Pete's was the first place we had dinner outside the hotel in 1987 when we were staying at Negril Inn. (I think it's now "Rooms on the Beach.") It was inexpensive enough that we didn't feel we had to eat at the hotel every night, and Pete's was right there with Miss Mavis right next door. The beach higglers were ferocious when you ate there, but I still remember what that first taste of jerk chicken and rice and peas right on the beach at sunset was like. In those days it wasn't party party party every night...we would sit on the beach and watch the stars.

After our 3rd trip there, we decided to move on and the next year we went to T-Water solely on the basis of the fact that someone on our bus from the airport on our 3rd trip was staying there so the next year we decided to give it a try...and went for the next five years. After that we didn't care for how built up the beach was getting so we kind of moved around -- we did a long weekend at Sunset in MoBay, we spent a week at Enchanted Garden, a couple of trips to Couples Negril (where we decided we liked Bloody Bay better), once at SATP, three times at Club Ambiance in Runaway Bay. Haven't been to Jamaica now since 2007. Hubby jumped around from job to job for a while, then some financial issues, then he got sick. I think next year will be my first time back and I hope to leave some ashes there -- in the place where he was happiest. Whether I can handle going more than once without him remains to be seen, though.

Does anyone know what happened to Jack, who ran the glass bottom boat out of the T-Water? We had dinner with him and his friends one night on the beach -- fish, vegetables, rice, cooked in a dutchie on a fire right on the beach. To this day, best meal I have ever had ANYWHERE.

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

The water slide at the Pickled Parrot
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

I remember the original Pickled Parrot... very cool and enjoyable.

I have been coming to Negril continuously since 1981 and still remains very strong in my heart.

Long gone favourite restaurants include Café Au Lait (Jamaican/French cooking) in the Cliffs, Rock Cliff Restaurant,
    the original Angela's for Lobster to name a few.

Hotels.... still continuously book Yellowbird Sea-Tel on the beach. From the days of Roy and Irene to the
    current ownership under Mr. Jim Cada and managed by Marva and Juliet, this hotel remains the epitome of
    relaxed, old style family charm for singles and families right on the beach.

Will be going again this year and anticipate another excellent stay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagirl777 View Post
    Pickled Parrot, Pirates Cave and Mr. Slice.
    Yes Mr. Slice!

User Info Menu

Unless you're familiar with the far West End, you might not be familiar with Secret Paradise. This is the brochure that reeled us in one nasty winter in ~1986. No phone and dirt road. We couldn't afford renting a car, but a bunch of people from Chicago area carried us with them. The sea got so calm, I tried to snorkel in the moon light. Really spooky and cold! My 1st parasailing and $100 dollar lobster pizza. That was $J's not $US.

Name:  SecretParadise2.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  98.3 KB
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Name:  SecretParadise.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  97.8 KB
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

willies & yacht club was the only nite life in the 70's, lottsa great old places gone....
    lottsa good new ones instead, remember when you had to wait 2 hours to get chicken at Erica's....
    service is much better now but the food just doesn't compare somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    willie's wharf club. many great memories

User Info Menu

Since my first trip to Negril was just this past February, I missed out on all the cool restaurants posted here. Why we never came before I have no idea- better late than never though. Thanks for sharing all your memories!

User Info Menu

Loved the Bungalow Hotel back in the late 80's early 90's
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Name:  Villa's Sunrise.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  96.6 KB

Back when the place was well kept Villa's Negril was awesome and Brimsley Hall the best bartender ever.