Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223

Thread: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

YAY!!! See you there!

User Info Menu

Re: I've got to find my way back, back to summer paradise - Nov 2011 Trip Report

Rooms on the Beach

It is a great location, especially if you want to be able to walk to places like Alfred's, the Jungle and Roots Bamboo. There was music in the air every night. Sunnyside is right next door on the beach.

I liked having the beach wall and there was nice shade to be found and it seemed enough to go around. At high season, you might have a harder time.

There are lots of great restaurants within an easy walk.

I am a big fan of the second floor rooms, because the balconies are more private and you get this beautiful ceiling.

The closet was big enough and had a safe in it that had a 'set your own' combination lock. I like not worrying about keys.

If you are a bit particular about your bathrooms, this would probably get a passing grade. No tub, but the shower has a nice shower head and a second, hand-held one that is great for washing feet. Granite (or granite like) counters and everything was really clean. Felt like you could be in any reasonably nice hotel anywhere in the western world.

I never manage to take a picture of the room when the bed is made and our stuff isn't spread everywhere.

I always felt safe in the room and at the resort. There were a lot of vendors, but they didn't really intrude on the trip, and they provided our breakfast and lunch on a couple of occasions.

There are no cushions on the chairs on the balcony and to be comfortable, they desperately need them. We sat on pillows and towels when we were out there. Speaking of pillows, Rooms had the saddest, flattest pillows I have seen in a long time. The room came with three; we needed six to get comfortable, which the cleaning staff did provide. Neck pain suffers beware.

The toe stubbing step was as you came into the room, not on the way to the bathroom. Still managed to stub it, but the number of times was reduced.

The air conditioning worked great, as long as we didn't push any buttons. Maintenance had to come twice to fix it, as it totally froze over. Both times, though he never said it, I would guess if we hadn't touched it, we would have been fine. We stopped playing with the controls and the room was comfortable the whole time.

I wish there had been fridges, but I have heard you can rent them. We never inquired.

We never had any food on the resort. Drinks were good at happy hour, but otherwise Sunnyside next door is the better bet.

The verdict on Rooms? I would absolutely stay there again, but with so many places to try in Negril, it may be a while. I think it is listed as a three star resort. I think that is fair. The room is probably more like 4 star, but there aren't many amenities on the resort, so that holds the rating down.

User Info Menu

Thanks Marley! See you soon, Iowagirl!

User Info Menu

Have a blast! You have fast become a favorite poster here, so I hope you can figure out how to post from the phone.
    Just a small request, any chance we could have a few great Sunshine quotes? I just bet he's a pistol!

User Info Menu

Cherry - safe travels and we will see you Saturday! It is sooo cold and damp here I cannot wait until Saturday - at least we didn't get snow.....

User Info Menu

Cherry & Sunshine - have a great trip! I look forward to your trip reports, so I hope you get the phone figured out!

User Info Menu

just re-read the whole thing --- it was just as sweet as the first time