Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 years later

User Info Menu

Re: 40 years later

Captaind The People at the Negril Sands made me pay Twice for that Buffet....and it was worth it!

Piggymon...YES! That stretch of highway between DC and the PA Turnpike could get very cold, dark, and lonely. I had an experience finding myself off the main highway somewhere in Georgia around 1970 that could be the opening scene for a movie.

Name:  negril.jpg
Views: 2503
Size:  53.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BCBud View Post
    While I can't recall the details, he was supposedly involved in the sinking of a boat off the shore of Negril (and he used to get very upset whenever it was brought up.
    I want to hear more about this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pine tree john View Post
    guessing thats a stripe bottle, long necks were around until the mid 70's.thats not me .from march of '77
    Sorry about the misidentification. I don't remember and long neck red stripe bottles, just the squatty ones. But then memory is the first thing that goes. Thanks for the information, Pine Tree John.

User Info Menu

Keep this thread open !!!!!!!!! Too many memories to post here, but if you have any of the following, keep it up .

Juicy's Grandma Porters Miss Browns Mothers Vincent Honey Gifford LeRoy Kool Brown Wharf Club Redground Steve ! original Ricks Errol Doer Neal Wilson Flor De Caribe Prophet KingsleyConnell Marley Family property west end Great House Compulsion Villas Negril Negril Beach Village 3C's Alex Haley Roots Bobby Ash Wes the hippie Gunther "lights off" on the beach road..................

Love reading the old stories!

User Info Menu

wow... this is great stuff... our first trip was in 1985 so we have memories of an undeveloped Bloody Bay, but YOUR stories and photos? ... amazing.

Love love love it... Thanks to all of you for sharing...

User Info Menu

I thought I would add to the great old photos.

User Info Menu

Name:  PD_0007.jpg
Views: 1896
Size:  92.6 KBI'm going to try again to attach this photo.

User Info Menu

One more
    Name:  PD_0008.jpg
Views: 1894
Size:  90.3 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  Sands Sign.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  68.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Love the stories from the 1970s. I shared about my experience and photos on a post entitled Le Mirage.
    The town was very sleepy. I have a great photo of downtown Negril--a pig lounging about in 1977. It appears from the lettering that the store that printed the photo reversed the image--funny. Name:  IMG_0736.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  95.9 KB