Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Short trip to Treasue Beach

User Info Menu

Re: Short trip to Treasue Beach

We have done the same - used to do a week at beach in Negril, then a few days on beach and a few days on cliffs, then week on cliffs, then a few days on cliffs and a few days in Treasure Beach, now we rent a place in Treasure Beach for the week haven't been back to Negril in a few years. I agree - you never do forget the 7 mile beach or the cliffs though.

User Info Menu

This is only our second visit to TB so any suggestions are welcome. We are at Sunset - how would we get to Eggie's? Would it be a road walk? Where do you walk in? How Long from jSprats? We haven't explored much.

User Info Menu

Kory would probably take you if you asked but here's the easiest way. Head west until you get to the little driveway leading to Frenchman's Reef. Just walk straight to the beach, head left (east) and the second (and largest) beach bar is Eggy's. He also has a sign, "Eggy's Bar". As you become more familar with the area you can walk through yards to reach it. Conversely you could go to Waikiki, head to the beach and take a right to Eggy's. If you are young and limber, you can follow the water from Jack Sprat (head west) but you will need to climb in spots and it's not a good idea to head back that way after some drinks.

User Info Menu

Somehow we have never been to Eggy's - may have to try it this year.
    Last edited by Rumghoul; 01-31-2013 at 09:29 AM.

User Info Menu

It's so great to have some action on this site!! Great directions, I'm sure we'll get there. Less than three weeks now! If we do this again, well do the split reversed a few days in negril...the rest in TA. This time we have friends arriving and we got to get up to negril to meet them. It would be a great place to stay for a month...

User Info Menu

Dwest, we are staying at Coconut Cottage and our places owner Bill Malanych and most of his guests are Canadian. You would have a good time, eh? His helper "Chicken" Cholly suplements his income by serving a fried chicken dinner once every week or so. All are welcome and you should stop by, meet Billy, Wilba and Cholly and talk about Labatts or whatever you want to talk about. Coconut Cottage is clean but maybe too plain to stay at for some but it is a good time and it's actually about opposite Eggy's but on the north side of the road not on the ocean.

Name:  67957361.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  51.0 KB

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing info bout fried chicken but that remark about Labatts....was a low blow. I am more of a dos Equis fan or micro brewery....
    Actually red stripe is good enough for me!

User Info Menu

I think a combo vacation with time in Negril & TB gives you the best of both worlds!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rjonsun.

I still have not made it there.

I will one day soon.

Your report was very informative.

Thanks again!!

User Info Menu

Enjoyed your photos, Rjonsun, and this thread. Very informative!