Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Help w/restaurants and bars please

User Info Menu

Help w/restaurants and bars please

In September we will be staying at Traveller's and this will be our first time in Negril not at an AI. Both times before we brought the kids and stayed at Beaches. This trip will just be my husband and I (woo-hoo!!) We are very excited to get to go to some of the smaller local places. What are some bars and restaurants near Traveller's that we should try?
    The richest person is not the one who has the most,
    but the one who needs the least

User Info Menu

Re: Help w/restaurants and bars please

Yippie for you two ! Go across the street to a small place called FATTIES.GREAT FOOD CHEEP.
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Travellers itself has a good menu. Lingah by the Sea at the NBCC two resorts over is a good place to eat as well. There are way too many cool places on the beach to eat just wander and experiment!

We like Alfred's and Bar B Bar at that end of the beach....there are some cool places on the Cliff's as well....
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

When you get to Bar B Barn, be sure and go upstairs to Angela's.
    Angela's is a great place to eat - Italian, Great Pizza!

User Info Menu

For a nice lunch or dinner Chill Awhile at Idle Awhile is great. On friday nights they have an optional buffet with live music. Also have great rum punch! We had fun on Thursday or Sunday night for live music at Sun Beach, starts at 7 I think. We also enjoyed breakfast and lunch at Wild Parrot.

User Info Menu

It is probably easiest to say "all of them". Lingah is a great place (totally awesome food on totally awesome tables! Really - check it out); Best in the West; Da Bar; Connie's C&D (?); Sips and Bites; Aubie's, Seastar, Catcha Cliffs, Rockhouse, Fun Holiday (any of their 2 for 1 deals is great!), Alfred's, Bourbon, Sunset on the Beach or Cliffs - both have great food. The list is endless. I don't recall going to a bad resto in Negril ..... Oh - Swordfish is supposed to be good, too - and Canoe is awesome! Know many people who swear by Chicken Lavish, too ... on my list that one ...

User Info Menu

Fatties across the street, across from Sunrise Seafood on the Road, Coconut Int. on the beach

User Info Menu

On the West End Road - Look for Sunset after Dark (across from Negril Hardware & Haberdashery) - Chef Patrick & crew make outstanding meals there. My Wife's all time favorite place !! - Also another vote for Chicken Lavish . a little further down the road on the left. It has to be one of the longest standing places to eat on the West end and the Conch Soup is Legendary !

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions, it sounds like there are a lot of places close by
    The richest person is not the one who has the most,
    but the one who needs the least