Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit to Negril, my first ever trip report!

User Info Menu

Detroit to Negril, my first ever trip report!

The stress of the last few days leading up to a trip is always enormous. All those last minute details for work & home seemed to cause more anxiety than usual this trip. So, I was very thankful to leave it behind yesterday when I got on the plane.

We were lucky to get a 7:30am non-stop. It's a 4 hour flight but due to daylight savings time at home, we arrived before 10:30am. We didn't check a bag & made it out of the airport in 40 minutes. With Easter week I considered getting a VIP arrival pkg but now glad we didn't.

Kingsley was waiting outside. A delightful couple & their 2 kids also rode to Negril with us. They were so nice, we talked about getting together this week.

It was cool to see the road to Negril in a different light. Normally, my flight gets in later in the afternoon & the light hits at a different angle & things stand out differently. Saw things I never noticed before.....til I fell asleep! My catnap didn't last long & I woke in time to get the first glimpse of Negril!

We are staying at Banana Shout this reach. It's a quaint little place. Milo the owner & staff greeted us. We were early & our room wasn't ready but no big deal. We dropped our bags & headed off to LTU for lunch.

[/url]

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Detroit to Negril, my first ever trip report!

Nice

User Info Menu

Sounds good! Wish direct flights were available from Grand Rapids!

User Info Menu

We stayed at b.s this past feb,once we got settled in we really liked it,oneil will take care of you! One warning tho,there's a particular pesty dude that hangs out by banana shout that wore thin pretty quickly avoid him and all will be fine!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice Striper! I think I know who you are talking about.
    Weathermon, i think the NS flights are on Saturdays only during the winter. But good when you can get them.!

Kaycee, As we settle in, today is even nicer!

To continue.....The power went out while we were at LTU. Had jerk chick sandwiches & dirty bananas. Saw my old friend TY. & ended up buying a painting from Karl Ricketts who was sitting next to me at the bar. Photos later! Went back to our place & laid down. It was hot. & no fan with no electricity. It rained pretty hard for a while, which helped our nap. Only seemed to make it muggier though. Got up & watched the sunset. After, we walked to the store for supplies. Went back to BS & hung out. Power came on & went off again & then stayed off. As it got dark, Milo came around with candles & sand bags for everyone. Losing power when you have guests is hard. This only added to a hortible week for Milo & the family here, being so close to Catcha & trying to help during the tragedy. As I'm writing this, Life's Sweet by Vybz Kartel is playing. It's all such a good reminder that anything can happen so make peace & joy in your life now.

The beacon in the dark, which was the lights on at Catcha made us decide to walk over there to see if they were open for dinner. We learned they won't be open for dinner until April 2nd. It was QUITE dark so we decided not to venture far & headed back to LTU. My daughter wanted pumpkin soup. They had the soup but didn't have power & the chefs were cooking by candlelight. The power came on halfway through dinner & thankfully, it was a brighter walk home! I showered & we were in bed by 9. It cooled off & the ceiling fan helped too! We both slept well & feel much better today.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Woohoo! Another trip report! Thank you, WestEndGirl! I love the NS flights out of Detroit! I think you are right, only Saturdays...and we leave on a Wed. :/ Ah well...as long as we're going to Negril, it's all good!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Now that's what I am talking about!! You go with your bad self......awesome...a trip report from a friend. I am ready!! Sweet trip, a non stop flight to Jamaica is something that I have NEVER experienced. Must have been great!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write an on-site report. Nothing any better!! So anxious to hear more. I'll be checking the board more than normal now!

Enjoy to the max!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the TR! Looking forward to more - enjoy your time in paradise

User Info Menu

TY,TY,TY, for taking the time to post, and letting us tag along. Have FUN~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Thanks for reporting! Can't wait to read more.
    Love, love, love our direct flights. They are only available from November to the end of April though.
    When we have to connect in Toronto we still only arrive about an hour later though, so not too bad.
    Have a great time and keep us posted.
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png