Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

Beautiful pics!

I have been to TB a few times & love the natural beauty & the serenity. Staying in TB or the West End Cliffs will depend on who I am traveling with. We stayed at Banana Shout on the cliffs this past April, which was nice. But, TB next time! I've heard good things about Kory too!

The south coast board is usually quiet, so I don't check it much. I have to tell you this Maine conversation is very interesting!

I have always lived in Michigan. In my years of travels, 2 places have loudly begged my return, Maine & Jamaica.

The 1st time I saw Bar Harbor, Maine was from a cruise ship in 1994 & I immediately fell in love. We were there only 1 day, but I had to go back for vacation the following year. I have been back many times since, always exploring a little more each time. Last year, we rented a cottage in Greenville, ME. Just before the trip last summer we had family over & through ancestry.com found out my great, great grandfather & both his parents were from Maine! My great grandmother's maiden name was Tracy & there are a bunch of them in Houlton & Gouldsboro.

At this point, I have reached a dead end on the online genealogy trail & was thinking about spending some time there this summer to see what I else I might find.

& also to see something bigger......like....if I might be interested in moving to Maine? My youngest turns 18 soon & I am tired of the urban grind.
    I'm ready for a change & was actually online last night looking at real estate & jobs in Maine.

Only to find Maine again this morning........ via my other love, Jamaica!? Maybe it's not such a crazy idea, after all?!

Of course, the best of both worlds would be winters in JA & summers in ME. Just need to figure out how. & soon!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Hey WestEndGirl,

Lot to be said about Maine, state Motto "The Way Life Should Be" I sometime refer to my property as Negril North. Thing about Maine is economy is pretty shot. Not knowing your occupation, skills, goals its hard to know. Portland area and Freeport are two pretty hip places. Lot's of places off the beaten track and grid too. Property comparatively speaking is affordable. Yes nice to do Nov-April in JA and May-Oct in Maine, you accomplish that and you got it made. Live the life you love and love the life you live.

User Info Menu

My other half's family has a nice place in Rangely.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 05-21-2013 at 07:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Never been to Rangely but I hear that it is really beautiful!! Another destination. Maine is so darn big you could spend a lifetime traveling within its boundaries and still not see everything.

User Info Menu

I do enjoy Rangely, but it is about a 12-13 hour drive from Philly, and honestly... If I am going to burn paid time off like that, it's not going to be driving. To make it worth it, you need to go for at least 5 days. Then a travel day tacked on to each end.

For me. I'd rather take the 3.5 hour flight and enjoy my favorite beach, my favorite music and my favorite food.

User Info Menu

No arguing your point. Maine is beautiful but Jamaica is really beautiful and as you said from Philly you're looking at a really long road trip and with the price of gas you've practically paid your plane ticket. I live most times in CT and for me it's a 425 mile ride to my property (about 8 hours) in Maine, if I fly to JA I have to deal with NYC airports, most often a stop over in Miami and the trip from MoBay to Negril or wherever (Kingston) which turns out to be a really long day. Airfare has been pretty steep recently too. I figure I have to spend at least a week to ten days to make it practical to fly to JA.

User Info Menu

Mainiac here! Grew up in CT and been livin in Maine for over 12 years in the western Maine lakes & mountains region.

Why Maine?... here is one reason

Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  18.4 KB

this is my private spring fed trout pond/ swimming hole! Just put another 30 rainbows in!

Id love to do Jamaica in the winter and Maine in the summer... but I LOVE WINTER way too much! oh well... hahaha

User Info Menu

Hi Murph,

Looks like you got it figured out. Western Maine is really nice!!! I have a friend over the line in NH, Jackson to be exact at the foot of MT Washington. Like those lakes and mountains. I have a man made pond in Wesley and tried the rainbows, spring fed but they can't make it through the winters so after a few years of feeding the Bald Eagles, otters, etc.. I gave up on it.

Name:  Boston Garden North.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  97.8 KB

Boston Garden North

User Info Menu

Sorry...but when I check out this forum I DO NOT want to see pix of ice and snow!! We are finally getting some weather...I really don't want to go "back there".

User Info Menu

Love a good game of shinny