Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

Negril North! That is perfect! & probably why I love both so much.

A friend of mine made a great outdoor 'Jamaican' shower at his rustic camp in the ME highlands. Chilly.......but clean!

John, Thankfully, I'm old enough to think things through & still young enough to want to do them anyway! But....I do like to eat. & good credit is a priority! So, if nothing else, I'm planting the magic beans of possibility.........!!!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Hi WestEndGirl,

Well dreams are essential to us all without them we would still be in the stone age (maybe not a bad thing either) so dream big!!! The thing I always tell myself is all these things that I would like to do I don't want to do when I'm too old to enjoy them so it puts a little more emphasis on taking the magic beans of possibility, fertilizing them, watering them, weeding them and then hopefully enjoying the fruits of your labor. I see many around me who only chase the almighty buck, that is their driving force in life. My philosophy on that is " What's the point of being the richest man in the cemetery?" So I guess the challenge is getting the right balance between a happy lifestyle and affording to live it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG3YM6sEkk

User Info Menu

Dwest,

Sorry about the reminders of winter, maybe also brings to mind that Montreal, Toronto are already playing golf while the Bruins are still working. Not to worry though the blackflies (Maine State Bird) should be extracting flesh soon enough. I assume they eat Canadians just like they do Americans.

User Info Menu

johng, EXACTLY!!!!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Yes my partner has been gardening now for a week with his bug outfit on. The weather (though rainy the last few days) is generally glorious in the summer. What I love is that it can be hot hot but except for a few days every summer when it is muggy...the temperature drops to a nice cool sleeping temp at night. We have black flies a few weeks but really only in the woods. We have a summer place out of town where the gardens are but here closer to town, along the St. John river - you hardly see a black fly. It is good to have access to a place you can go that is truly quiet, that has skies open to a million stars at night and where there isn't a chain hotel, restaurant or big box store lurking around the corner. I have to laugh a week or so ago we had some great weather and I said this is just like Jamaica!

User Info Menu

Nice lee scratch perry link, i'm looking for the album to purchase now.

User Info Menu

Hey Butterfly,

How you keepin? Lee Scratch Perry is a pretty amazing human being (maybe he's really a scape alien?). Not sure if you know his past and current history but his musical skills are second to none. Not only is he a top Reggae performer he was a driving force in the success of many other musicians including Bob Marley as producer. Originally know as the Upsetter he has gone through some extra ordinary transformations. There is an ongoing production "Vision Of Paradise And Lee Perry" which when finally finished should be mind blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqNBHNMddfM

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/musi...gq-music-issue

User Info Menu

Dwest,

I fondly refer to my land in Maine as Negril North. I just got back last night from a 5 day visit. Thursday through Saturday was non stop rain. I thought I was going to have to call Noah and have him swing by and pick me up. The plus side no bugs. Sunday and Monday better yesterday was awesome.

User Info Menu

Hi WestEndGirl,

I hope that you have survived the Red Wings demise to Chicago but life goes on!!! I just got back from Negril North and had a very Irie time. "Maine the way life should be", back to the rat race that Connecticut is. Anyway enjoy the pics!!!! John

Name:  Irie (Large).jpg
Views: 329
Size:  100.1 KBName:  Negril North (Large).jpg
Views: 369
Size:  100.6 KBName:  Brookie (Large).jpg
Views: 377
Size:  86.2 KB

User Info Menu

Hi John,

Thanks for the photos! So nice to see everything green & blooming again. Is that a Brookie?

It is 88 & sunny here in Motown. Too hot to think hockey anyway! ;-)

I'm getting ready to go soak up some sun on my lunch hour. Enjoy your day!

WEG

[/url]