Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

User Info Menu

Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

Name:  Treasure Beach.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  94.8 KBName:  Sunset Resort.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  93.7 KBName:  Talla.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  88.6 KBName:  TB.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  97.7 KBName:  Day's Catch.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  95.3 KB

Treasure Beach is still very Cool. Stayed with Kory at Sunset Resort Villa went fishing with Talla caught a whole heap a fish.

Ites,
    John

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach Cool Runnings

Very jealous. Was there in march. Kory is great host and hard worker. The colours in your shots were amazing!

User Info Menu

Hi Dwest,
    Where are you NB, NS, PEI? I have a place in Washington County, ME about 20 miles from St Stephen, NB. Blueberry Country!!

Yeah Kory's place is really nice and he has done a great job as well as his staff. During my stay there were several Canadian guests so it seems that you guys north of the border are on to it too. As far as the color of the photos goes its in the magic dust I feed the camera or maybe the Appleton I feed myself!!

User Info Menu

Hi. We're just across the border from Houlton Maine. Do you fly from Bangor? We split trips between TB and the farrrr west end of Negril - out at the Westender.

User Info Menu

Hi Dwest,

Actually I live in Connecticut but own land in Wesley, Me right off Rt 9 (the airline road) which is a main thoroughfare between Bangor and Calais. You see a lot of Irving trucks heading between St. John and Bangor on Rt. 9. I haven't been to Negril in several years due basically to the growth there over the past 10 - 15 years and the non stop hustle on the beach. The West End Road used to end at the lighthouse but I assume that it continues much farther now. What's up with the housing development (high end suburban type homes) that are built out past the lighthouse? Look like some expensive homes?

User Info Menu

Hi Dwest,

When you fly to Jamaica do you fly from Bangor or St. John ? I imagine in any event you connect in Boston. Must be a pretty long day of travel to get to JA but it's always worth the wait.

User Info Menu

Hey, not sure what housing development? We stay at Westender and its just before the west end road ends. There is no new development out that way. There was something that started to get built but didn't for five years or so. It's not built up at all really, just like being in the country. We fly out of Moncton usually, early 6 am flight but am in Montego Bay by 1:30 or so...easy peasy. You fly through Toronto but it's a good connection.

User Info Menu

Name:  Seaford Town Youth.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  89.6 KBName:  Seaford Town.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  97.2 KBName:  Seaford Town Man.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  87.7 KBHi Dwest,
    I just remember driving past the lighthouse past Rick's and continuing on that road and all of a sudden you come upon this residential neighborhood that reminded me of southern Florida not Jamaica. If you check Google Earth you can see what I'm talking about. I haven't been to Negril in 13 years and don't know / recall where Westender is. I never stayed on the West End as I preferred the beach life as opposed to the cliffs. Rumor has it that there were scenes from the movie Pappillon filmed in the cliffs area in the early 70's where Steve McQueen jumps into the sea while Dustin Hoffman stays behind. Other scenes from the movie were filmed in Falmouth and they hired as extras people from Seaford Town (German Town) about 2 hours from Negril because they were white Jamaican who didn't look like tourists. Sounds like Moncton-Toronto-MoBay is a pretty good route. Used to be JFK -Mobay or Kingston was a direct flight but now 80% of the flights connect in Miami or Atlanta making the trip trip a very long one.
    Last edited by johng; 05-14-2013 at 02:40 PM.

User Info Menu

I'd love some more pics if available??

User Info Menu

Hi Flipadelphia 26,

If you go to the Negril Message Board (Not South Coast) and check the thread Old Negril Photos you will see some of my other pics under johng. Enjoy!!!