Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Runaway Bay, summer 2017

User Info Menu

Runaway Bay, summer 2017

Hi! I know this board isn't frequented as much as the Negril board, but I thought I'd check in here...

I'm planning to stay in Runaway Bay for a few days then to Kingston, or perhaps the other way around.

I'm looking at Piper's Cove hotel in Runaway Bay for four or five nights. I'm looking to relax and enjoy the calm, do some sight seeing, and spend a little time at the local beach.

Love Livin

User Info Menu

Re: Runaway Bay, summer 2017

Look into the Decameron Club Carribean , we have bin there 4 times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure BeachBum View Post
    Look into the Decameron Club Carribean , we have bin there 4 times.
    Thank you for your suggestion. For my intentions, an all inclusive is unnecessary. I don't need much more than a room. I'm very happy with the looks of Piper's Cove. Thank you, happy travels!

User Info Menu

My daughter is staying here now, it's not Runaway Bay, but a great Jamaican Experience

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10021210

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cleome View Post
    My daughter is staying here now, it's not Runaway Bay, but a great Jamaican Experience

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10021210
    Wow! What an interesting property! It may be worth splitting between this property and Piper's Cove...

User Info Menu

Livin, I always highly suggest Pipers Cove. You will enjoy it. I will be there soon.....a few days in Negril then Runaway Bay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgem29 View Post
    Livin, I always highly suggest Pipers Cove. You will enjoy it. I will be there soon.....a few days in Negril then Runaway Bay.
    Hi:

Thinking of heading from Negril to Runaway Bay in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how long the taxi ride is and what the fare would be?

Thanks a lot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wbgonne View Post
    Hi:

Thinking of heading from Negril to Runaway Bay in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how long the taxi ride is and what the fare would be?

Thanks a lot.
    I was planning on using the Knutsford Express to get between Runaway Bay and Kingston. You might consider the same from Negril, although I believe you would have to transfer buses in Montego Bay, much like a route taxi. I cannot advise on a chartered taxi or hired car. Check out some of the transportation links on the main page of negril.com.

User Info Menu

It takes a bit, not sure exactly as we made stops along the way. I used a private driver, it cost $170 but again, we made a few stops. Driving with no stops would be about 2.5 hours I think.

Livin.....I think you are interested in Pipers Cove? I still highly suggest it. They did some work on their beach and it's a bit bigger now.