Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is a "Fair Price" for red stripes in the stores in Negril?

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: What is a "Fair Price" for red stripes in the stores in Negril?

You can buy a case of Red Stripe then get a bottle of 3 Gold Coins rum for a decent price.Buy the fresh juice from the guy on the beach,get jerk chicken from Best in the West for like $15 bucks. At the AI resort you have no options,outside you can use ALL the bars & retaurants for different settings.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Forgot,the bottles have a refund so when they are empty give the case to a worker as a tip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    Forgot,the bottles have a refund so when they are empty give the case to a worker as a tip.
    Good point.... Also you can buy straight from the beer truck. I was quoted $2250j yesterday for a case.

User Info Menu

We have a blast staying A/I and not staying A/I,depends where you stay how much you will pay and therefore how much you will get off the resort.We stayed at Fun Holiday last year and went off the resort almost every day to visit local places and have a few cocktails and beers and out to party at night.We had a fridge in our room so we also kept stocked up for nights on our patios drinking our own stash.We are staying on the Cliffs 2 nights this year and will be out and about alot but once we move to Hedonism we will only be off the resort 2 or 3 times(dragging Negril newbies with us)!!! We bought most of our stash at Sunshine Grocery across the street from the beach.Have a blast no matter how you do it!

User Info Menu

Wow Booger....if I base my math on a 83JA=$1US exchange rate....we're talking about the same price as we get here (like $12.99~12pk).....something to think about, I guess...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    Wow Booger....if I base my math on a 83JA=$1US exchange rate....we're talking about the same price as we get here (like $12.99~12pk).....something to think about, I guess...
    With the beaches you have there why even go? Lol. I miss my days lounging on Navarre beach...... Oh and the exchange rate is 86j- $1US right now. Cheapest beer I found at a bar was $150j at Seasplash during happy hour.

User Info Menu

If you are getting a 6-pack of Red Stripe at at one of those mini-marts for $660JA, then that is pretty good. Better than what I paid at Hi-Lo. I think I spent $2800 for a case of Red Stripe Light. I don't recall if Red Stripe Light is the same or more expensive.
    Last edited by RyanP; 07-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.

User Info Menu

We are big drinkers.

First trip was AI all the way. Second trip was half AI/half cliffs. Third trip was non-AI all the way. We discovered on the third trip we actually drank less. Not that we were really trying to budget, we just found that we became more "conscious" drinkers. (if there is such a thing, lol) We managed to hydrate a lot in between. In addition, our activities were much different. AI=lay on beach and drink ALL day long. Why not? It's included! Non AI=explore/lounge/explore some more.

All in all, I would say our trip cost is still about the same because the money we save going non-AI we spend on tours and such.

Just food for thought.

User Info Menu

I get this all the time, Booger....we have to get away, just like everyone else...right now, we visit the beach just about every weekend...we're beach fanatics....we drive 35-40 min to get there, then the 35-40 min. home...we like to drink, but moderation is key....sometimes we even tow our ski boat down, but we aren't in Jamaica, nor on vacation, and the culture here is the same as where you live, American(even have a hockey team)...but not Jamaican, How much shade did you have on Navarre Beach?....the people, culture, vibes...the sights, sounds, smells, feeling of Negril is why we go......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    If you are getting a 6-pack of Red Stripe at at one of those mini-marts for $660JA, then that is pretty good. Better than what I paid at H-Lo. I think I spent $2800 for a case of Red Stripe Light. I don't recall is Red Stripe Light is the same or more expensive.
    RyanP...Red Stripe Light is more expensive!