Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time visit

User Info Menu

First time visit

Hello all!
    This July will be my first time visiting Negril, Jamaica and i was trying to get some information on activities to do and places to eat. I will be staying for a week. I am not trying to stay in the hotel the whole time so all suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by am1186; 03-05-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: First time visit

Welcome to the Negril Message Board! In addition to the great suggestions you will receive here, be sure to check out our Things To Do section and our Dining section. The links are above on the Main Menu.

User Info Menu

check this out.......alot of the places are still there i think>>>

User Info Menu

Video (unfortunately a low quality video...the sea and sand are much more beautiful colour ) above gives you a general idea...but many places look different and a few no longer exist...quite a few missing also.

User Info Menu

or check this out .................................................. ......... i love travellers
    Last edited by JDd; 03-05-2017 at 06:30 PM.

User Info Menu

That video would have been so much better if there would have been more of her and less of him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by am1186 View Post
    Hello all!
    This July will be my first time visiting Negril, Jamaica and i was trying to get some information on activities to do and places to eat. I will be staying for a week. I am not trying to stay in the hotel the whole time so all suggestions are welcome.
    while I found the beach a bit slower in late June, there was always live music, tours, bars and restaurants, and fun to be had. July will be similar. It was hot, so I took more taxis than I usually do in April, so perhaps budget a little more for transportation, even if you don't think you'll need it. Also, I really wish I had brought an umbrella for those summer, mid-afternoon downpours- something I had never bothered to bring for April trips. Because there are less tourists in town in the summer, I noticed an increase in the frequency and enthusiasm of those selling items in their shops and kiosks, and by those walking the beach. I really enjoy the One Love Bus tour, even if you aren't a big drinker, it's a nice way to tour the west end. I love the live music around the beach at night, and several afternoons. I am sure to take a taxi any time after sun set, which, even in the summer, is between 6:30-7 pm.

Enjoy your first visit!

Edited to correct false info
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 03-06-2017 at 06:34 AM.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

Administrator

User Info Menu

"Emancipendence" is always in early August. This year Emancipation Day is the 1st of August and Independence is observed on the 7th...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    "Emancipendence" is always in early August. This year Emancipation Day is the 1st of August and Independence is observed on the 7th...
    Does that coincide with that ATI thing? Just curious ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ah! Thank you! I don't know why I had it in my mind that it's July. I'm sorry for the incorrect info!!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion