Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Quote Originally Posted by Reggae_Girl98 View Post
    How did you manage to get your passport stamped for 97 days? Isn't the usual tourist stamp for 90 days! ;-)
    Very good question! I'll have more to say about this soon.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

This was back in the late 90's but I got a 6 month stamp when I arrived. Still stayed almost a year. Hence my board name, LOL. At that time some were travelling to the caymans for a few days, than come back and get another 6 months.

User Info Menu

We’ve decided we will visit every bar that sits within a 10 minute walk of the apartment. Previously we hit The German Bar, The Red Dragon and The Corner Bar, a.k.a. The Hooker Bar. By walking to and patronizing these establishments not only will we exercise our legs, but our livers will also get a workout. I’m looking forward to dropping in on the really small bars (the shacks) along the roadside in RedGround.

The German Bar - no German beer or pretzels though.
    Name:  negril1.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  75.2 KB

Ahhhhhh . . . now that's better!
    Name:  negril3.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  69.4 KB

Last nite we dropped into the Cozy Bar, at Cotton Tree. The bar girl there, a young, slim, long legged beauty, was wearing one of the the tightest and shortest dress that I’ve ever seen. Not complaining. Just sayin’. The dress was a shiny material in a geodesic pattern and she wore a big metallic necklace/pendant. Her hair was pulled tightly up and back. Bea said she looked like one of the bartenders in a Star Trek movie.
    The music was turned up so loud that we couldn’t talk, so we just sat there and looked around for a while then went up onto the top deck.

This guy guards the bar at The Cozy Bar. Check the teeth!
    Name:  neg3.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  93.6 KB

Then we picked up a couple of tickets for the 5:00pm Cash Pot lottery. I was feeling lucky so I slapped down $200 on #20, because I’d seen three pregnant women during the day, and we’d waited in the Hammond’s Bakery in the morning for about 20 minutes for fresh gizzadas. Both ‘bakery’ and ‘pregnant’ are prime meanings for the #20.
    Bea bet $100 on #3 for ‘death’ and another $100 on ‘dog’ because she saw a dead dog on her run at Mandrix corner yesterday morning. That corner just might be the death of me too, before I’m done here.

Check out the link to the numbers guide on the Cash Pot Poster. Its a hoot:
    http://www.supremeventures.com/image...er_tracker.pdf

Unfortunately (for us) the winning number was 33, so there’s $400 shot to hell. Interestingly, number 33 has ‘Deportation’ as one of its major meanings. Not that I’m overly superstitious, but I’m kinda worried about that. The whole 90 days versus 97 days visitor Visa has got me thinking. And I’m going to have something to say about that later.

Quick Fact:
    I saw some workers up on the roof of the old Negril Yacht Club and heard sounds of work from the inside. Looks like its in the deconstruction phase at this point. Looks like its gonna be fixed up.

The jungle out back. These leaves are so perfect they look like they are made of plastic.

Name:  neg1.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  104.9 KB
    My Books:

User Info Menu

lol
    lol
    lol

your *logic/strategies* for CashPot is too-too funny
    THANKS --- you've made my day..!!..
    lol
    lol

it *shows* that you-2 are REALLY into-Jamaica-mode, BIG-Time, eh..!!..
    lol
    lol

keep playing

:-)

ps.... as you probably ALREADY-know/figured-out,
    that likkle in-the-neighborhood barhopping excursion is gonna pay-off in spades for you-all, as the days roll-on [[ wink wink ]]
    'twas/'tis a BRILLIANT move..!!..
    Last edited by smith744; 12-05-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Nice to hear about signs of work at the Yacht Club!

User Info Menu

I'm digging your report.
    Thanks, IMHO trip reports are one of the best sources of (as Hemingway would say) "the true gen".

Great to hear about the NYC, that was the first place I stayed in Negril.
    There is a great secret that goes along with that place.
    That rug really tied the room together.

User Info Menu

fun!

User Info Menu

Bar hopping! Yippee, chug, chug, chug
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rum-polephoreskin View Post
    There is a great secret that goes along with that place.
    I wanna hear the secret - I feast on that kind of thing!
    Please . . . .
    My Books:

User Info Menu

Now you know.
    That rug really tied the room together.