Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

User Info Menu

Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas 97 Days in Negril

So this winter we are ‘all-in’. We will not be waiting until Christmas before going to Negril. We will not tough it out until after the New Year. No. This year we left ‘Winter Hell’ (a.k.a. Ottawa) on November 30th. Good thing too, it was -18C, dark, dreary and there was already 10 inches of snow on the ground. Krickey!

And there will be no going back too early either. Not until March 8th will we depart the island. That’s 97 days. Yes, that’s a long stay. There should be time-a-plenty for me find my sometimes elusive ‘Negril Groove’. We’ll be spending December and January in Redground and then February thru March 8 at White Sands on the beach. It’s gonna be epic.

I sit here at the breakfast bar in our condo in Redground, gazing out the kitchen window at the blue waters of Long Bay. It already feels like its going to be a hot day, which suits me fine. Outside, a steady procession of route-bikes roar down Hermitage Road headed for the Negril All Ages School. I saw one that was loaded with three children; a little boy sitting up front astride the gas tank, then two girls crammed onto the seat behind the driver. All were dressed in immaculate school uniforms and each was clutching a colourful backpack. Sadly, none were wearing helmets.

Bea has gone for an early morning run. She’s going to check out that new sidewalk that everyone has been talking about. Other than that we have no specific plans for the day. Maybe walk up to the Red Dragon this afternoon.

More later, but until then, this is the view from the front patio:

Name:  Negril 1.jpg
Views: 4011
Size:  78.6 KB

These ackee look angry - perhaps because they are about to be eaten!
    Name:  Negril 2.jpg
Views: 4100
Size:  84.0 KB

Bounty from the market. Ya mon.
    Name:  Negril 3.jpg
Views: 4096
Size:  95.4 KB

Name:  Negril 4.jpg
Views: 3933
Size:  86.5 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * * Sunsets, Rum, Sand and Gizzadas – 97 Days in Negril * * * * * *

Oh boy! Thats an awesome view. Looking forward to your reports. 8 more sleeps for me
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thanks for starting us off....please continue to keep us up-to-date as the rest of us fight the winter and the work! ENJOY!!!

User Info Menu

More please
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Hello dear Friend

I am a tours and taxi operator base in the Negril area i can't help but say you have some lovely pictures. Hope you have fun whilst hear on our island.

If you need any transportation contact us @

Tell# 1876 798 8382
    Email: luxuriouscaribtours@yahoo.com

User Info Menu

Beautiful pictures! Hope you have a wonderful 97 days
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

97 days away from Ottawa! What are you a senator?
    That is one beautiful yard and one beautiful view; you lucky lucky Kahuna3.
    And if I was a beach person; White Sands is where I would stay too.

User Info Menu

see ya pon da rock this winter......mi usually hang around Pee Wees......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

have a great 97 days and nights . . .

User Info Menu

I recognize the pictures of your villa. I checked it out last December and met the owners. Truly, great people and a beautiful spot indeed. Enjoy your time to the max. You made a great choice! Anxious to keep reading your posts and ..............soon come. If I'm up that way, I may well stop by and say hello. I've been trying to work on a long term option for the future. Those villas are on mi list fi sure!!!

97 days.........I can only dream of that!!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]