Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

User Info Menu

Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

Nov 23rd has finally come!...

Plane ride was same as usual… Maine to Philly slept the entire way… then the excitement starts when you know everyone getting on to the next plane is heading to paradise… all smiles… each with their own story. Where they’re going, where they’ve been, family trips, weddings- it’s always fun on that leg of the trip.

Landing in MoBay and Im in the zone… “the get me out of this airport asap zone” I walk right by all of the Club MoBay workers holding up there little signs for all of the VIP arrivals… when wifey points one out to me. Holy Snikeys- it has our name on it! I see her smile and know she was up to no good! I love wifey and her little surprises… the young gentleman rushes us through everything nice and fast. Note to anyone bringing items down to Jamaica- using Club MoBay gets you around all of those silly questions… “are these 40 pairs of youth sized sneakers for you?...” So the gentleman asks do you want to go to your taxi or to the lounge… Hmmm the thought of free drinks completely dissolved my previous mindset of “get out fast.” Now Im on island time… we sit and drink red stripes and rum punches. We also fill our bags with their snacks. Before we leave the lounge we both filled our huge insulated cups to the brim with rum punch. Back home we call these “road sodas.” So off we go with our sodas to meet our new guy… Linston. But not before a quick stop at the duty free shop for some Appleton. $17.50 was the price.

Linston met us with a big smile. No rush rush hurry hurry for this guy- he’s as laid back as they come and as safe a driver as it gets. Quick stop in MoBay to exchange some loot and we’re off! This year we decided to bring our blender which was a wonderful decision- so one of our missions was to grab some fruit. So we stop off in Lucea at the market- as we landed in on a Saturday. The market was busy but we managed to find everything we needed. Cost was $15US for pineapple, papayas, mangos and lots of bananas. It was also the first time I’ve had a pineapple carved up for me- that’s a real treat to watch. Getting back to the car Linston got a ticket for 100J he laughed to the officers saying ‘he cant get security for that cheap’- as the officers were hovering around his car until we got back. We all laughed.

The vibe was perfect, Linston drove nice and slow and was accommodating to us in any way.

We arrive at Coco and the wave of accomplishment sets in… finally… we are here in Negril… we did it again… feeling grateful and blessed we walk into the office. Wifey and I have a little plan we have been executing perfectly recently… book the cheapest room in the joint, then when you get there try to upgrade to the best room in the joint for the least amount possible. Usually places are more than willing to get you to upgrade and this indeed was the case! We see our “deluxe” room and decide to see the beachfront suites and… yes... the Honeymoon Suite/ Coco Villa. Beachfront was $40 extra per night, Honeymoon was $60 extra per night. So I do some finagling and got the Honeymoon suite for $60 per night with one free night= bringing the upgrade to $45 extra per night. Done Deal! Here are some pics of our home for the next four days

Name:  077.jpg
Views: 2555
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  065.jpg
Views: 2553
Size:  88.0 KB

Name:  081.jpg
Views: 2401
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  066.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  87.6 KB

Getting to Coco at around 4pm we ran and jumped in the water as fast as we could… you know how that feels- once you hit that sand and the warm water… ahhhh….

Name:  048.jpg
Views: 2510
Size:  93.8 KB

Quick change and call to Linston as its Saturday night... we gots things to do and people to see!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Murph's Trip Report... new places, old faces and ROOKIE mistakes!!!

Oh ya...this is gonna be good!
    Bring it Murph...

User Info Menu

So loving this report! Great pictures so far and your descriptions are perfection. Linston is such a nice dude!! Anxious to hear more. I am counting down the days for the big trip! At this point, even waiting in line at customs sounds good to me. LOL
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Lol Yetta, I am right behind you.... In more ways than one!

Murph, Been thinking about you guys! Wondering how the trip was
    & if you're freezing back in Maine!
    It is COLD in the Motor City! Can't wait to feel the warmth of Jamaica! Soon come!

So funny, I was verbally saying aaaah right along with you just thinking about that water.

Awesome upgrade!

Off to a great start..........!!!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Great start and very nice pics...Soooooo cold here, it's nice to transport the soul to a warmer place
    PARADISE IS A STATE OF MIND

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Very nice start! Ready for more!

User Info Menu

We have been waiting for this. So far so good, I can feel that water and taste that rum. Too bad we didn't get there at the same time but we don't go until March. We decided we went too early last year so by the time the cottage at Xtabi was available it was March. Its going to be a long winter. Can't wait to hear about Treasure Beach, keep them coming. G and J
    [/image.php?code=0XT1330613XXX14th reach. soon come[/img][/url]

User Info Menu

Great report so far,please keep it coming!!

User Info Menu

Good stuff. Looking forward to more.

User Info Menu

Whooo-ahhh! A new Murph trip report! Your off to a great start - looking forward to the rest.