Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Changes coming to original Office of Nature?

User Info Menu

Changes coming to original Office of Nature?

I saw a comment on the Office of Nature Facebook's page that according to Ital, changes are coming to the original Office of Nature on Bloody Bay. Does anyone know anything about this? I love that place and hope nothing happens to it. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Changes coming to original Office of Nature?

The spot that one of them stands on has been purchased for development. A beach vendor we met some years back was telling us that she will have to move once again when we saw her during our November visit. On one of our first trips to couples (this year was our last), they were fairly close --vendor and the office of nature-- both have moved at least twice in the intervening years due to the construction of RIU and other development along that stretch of beach. Good lobster at either office of nature location to my mind though.

User Info Menu

It is rather unfortunate but... its' just a matter of time ..
    before Bloody Bay is turned into a # of AI's ..
    Dem push out "the likkle man" ..
    or as Joni Mitchell once said ... "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot "

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I was there last week at the round bar,Office of Nature...4 bucks a Red Stripe ???????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    I was there last week at the round bar,Office of Nature...4 bucks a Red Stripe ???????
    Ouch. I think that's the going rate at Ricks.

User Info Menu

Sounds like you were at the "second" Office of Nature, not the displaced original. It sounds like the original may be displaced again?

I hope some of the original Negril beach places can survive all of this corporate exploitation that is going on. Once the beach is filled with AI's, I know I for one will be moving on to less commercial seasides. Jamaica would do well to protect it's remaining beaches and go for eco-freindly business that have a low impact on the environment. Beaches cannot sustain so much development. Also, public access MUST be protected so locals can enjoy their own community.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Stripe View Post
    You were at the new one. Both of them serve a good lobster though.

I am going to dig to see if I can find the pics from 2000 when we went to the original for the first time.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

The original is at the site of the new round one.....Yeah,,so I first said NO to 4 bucks and walked down to the other one but not open,,,so relunctantly,go back and pay 4 bucks,,,beach is greattttt...Look for my tag....

User Info Menu

Yeah, my wife and I were there last week at the "round " bar. Four buck s for a Red Stripe ! We only had one each, and moved on. Tamika, the bartender did let us write our names up in the rafters though. Yamon' . Man, Bloody Bay was busy! Almost too crowded. Glad we were staying on the 7 mile beach. Gail's Tree house is awesome! And Sunnyside's ice cold Red Stripes for $1.50 ! Or Myrna's grocery store ! Aaaah!