Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exploring the Blue Mountains

User Info Menu

Exploring the Blue Mountains

Happy New Year!!
    Turning 60 this year and to celebrate, I decided I want to explore and hike the Blue Mountains. I have dreamed of it for some time. Now I am in the research and planning stage!
    If any of my fellow boardies have any travel, lodging, guide information or pics/stories to share, I would love it.
    Thanks and soon come...

User Info Menu

Re: Exploring the Blue Mountains

I would like to find a place to stay in the mountains for about a week, good views, good food...and venture out from there.
    I want to hike to Blue Mountain peak, explore river valleys and swim in waterfalls...
    I am able to go June/July.
    Again, thanks for anything you might have to share!

User Info Menu

You might want to try lonelyplanetdotcom. There are some knowledgable posters on that forum.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

I haven't been up in the mountains, either and would love to go some day. Hope you have a blast and happy 60th! Bless~

User Info Menu

"free i", the owner of zioncountry.com does tours to the blue mountains. contact him for more info.

User Info Menu

you have to be pretty fit to hike to the top. from what i remember of the conversation, it's about a 4 hr. hike . . . happy birthday, hope it all works out.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the leads!

User Info Menu

That sounds like an awesome plan for your 60th! Have always wanted to see the Blue Mountains up close. Lime Tree (coffee farm) is a place I've definitely had an interest in seeing, if not to stay, then at least to visit. It is located in Blue Mountains National Park and gets great reviews on TripAdvisor. To me, it sounds heavenly. If Vi comes on and sees your post, surely she'll have lots of suggestions. As a matter of fact, there might be a trip report by her, as I vaguely remember her staying in the Blue Mountains, maybe last year or the year before.
    Last edited by Maryann; 01-13-2014 at 06:06 AM.

User Info Menu

Thank you Maryann...Blue Mountains has been on my bucket list for some times as well. I have been looking at pictures of another small coffee farm that rents rooms...Prince Valley. The views are spectacular!! Now I shall check out Lime Tree... Thanks again!

User Info Menu

Prince Valley might be where Vi stayed. Have always wanted to combine a trip like that with Strawberry Hill and Port Antonio. Have fun planning!