Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have any advice to have a small wedding ceremony in Negril?

User Info Menu

Anyone here have any advice to have a small wedding ceremony in Negril?

I'm asking for a friend, and she's planning on have a wedding ceremony this May.
    We are likely staying on the cliffs at xtabi....it's possible to have a ceremony at Xtabi but this forum is so full of knowledge I was thinking why not ask!
    She's getting married to a local amazing guy...
    Any tips, advice, ideas would be awesome!!
    Please share....she's looking for something low key and truly not looking to break the bank either.....Cheers!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  97.8 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone here have any advice to have a small wedding ceremony in Negril?

Anywhere is going to be special. It's a personal thing - beach, cliffs, otherwise. We got married at the Seastar 3 years ago and it was awesome! Francine is magic with her decorations and flowers! It was very special, indeed! () My advice would be to tell her to relax and enjoy - let them do their thing and it will be a memorable and inforgettable day! We got a lovely DVD from the photographer. It was great!

Honestly, you can't go wrong. Talk to your hotel manager and all will be irie!

User Info Menu

We were married on the beach a few years back. We hired a wedding planner (Dawn Sherman from Jamaica Elegant Weddings) and she was fabulous. Our wedding was as small as it gets, just the 2 of us and our witnesses. Dawn took care of everything, made an aisle out of flower petals, hired the pastor, got the licenses etc. and the photographer and it cost us less than it would have at the AI we were staying at. Feel free to PM me if you want more information

User Info Menu

I have seen a few weddings posted on the facebook page of Moonlight Villa on the cliffs.

User Info Menu

This old post may be helpful.

http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...ding-in-Negril

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Canoe has hosted a few lovely weddings www.realnegril.com/canoe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    I have seen a few weddings posted on the facebook page of Moonlight Villa on the cliffs.
    That would be an excellent choice! Deb does a wonderful job and the view from her place is awesome!

User Info Menu

Votes for Seastar - my sister got married there last Valentine's Day -

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe...ECK_RATES_CONT

User Info Menu

Your picture of Seastars is the answer to your question. Seastar Inn does beautiful weddings. Not on the cliffs, but there is a recent review on Trip Advisor about a wedding. There was a reception at Seastar for a small wedding party when we were there last week. Seastar is well experienced in weddings and know what they're doing from chair slipcovers, to decorations, to flowers and arranging the pastor. Economical too. Check them out.

User Info Menu

Avoid getting married anywhere!