Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: * * * * * Reflections on My Unfortunate Encounter With a Thief * * * * *

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * * Reflections on My Unfortunate Encounter With a Thief * * * * *

Thanks for posting about your theft to make others aware. My first trip in 1999 I was giving a 24hr driver and security. Now after 13 trips on my own over the years my only theft was exchanging money on the street on a Sunday. I was informed from my 1st trip to use the bottle alarm like Chi-Town posted. I was also informed to make sure u have the safe key on your body at night not on the table. I know from my 1st trip to leave the bling at home you are in a poverty stricken country.

User Info Menu

so did you tell your friends to stay home?

User Info Menu

Just got caught up on some of the stuff going on here, anyway, last trip in dec, I had some strange "spidey sense" a few times. Even as I was walking in the day? I sensed some change with the vibe at times. I believe its less noticeable when hanging out in a group, but as some one who often is out alone, I have changed some of my habits the last few trips. I have also been warned "not" to go some places from some one I trust, and have followed this advice. I will travel to Negril again, but will change some of my habits and will be more careful of whats going on around me not just because of one or two incidents, but because I believe its the smart thing to do.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Thank you Kahuna..you have done us all a great service by posting what happened.. I, for one really do appreciate it..and will take heed.

User Info Menu

That was cold Bnewb.

User Info Menu

Bnewb how can you be so hateful. This man was robbed while in his room, anything could have happened to him. If this is 'no big deal' then you are condoning what was done. Would it have been better if K3 had been killed? Would that have been news worthy?
    Last edited by Pineapple; 01-28-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Wow...big ups to you Kahuna. It may have been an "old" laptop but still...have some empathy.

User Info Menu

Really??? What a strange thing to say and extremely insensitive, to say the least. Yes, the laptop can be replaced, but he could have been harmed or worse.
    Last edited by Maryann; 01-28-2014 at 06:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Insensitive is an understatement... It's outrageous!
    Last edited by sandy-girl; 01-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.

User Info Menu

I thought this website was supposed to be the best info on Negril. It is sad that web site administrators seem to downplay conversations which might shine a bad light on Negril for someone new who might look at this site. I understand people post hearsay. But when you know its a reliable sorce why downplay or say its just a old laptop when I am guessing it was a terrifying experience for him. Sad.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]