Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Changing money

User Info Menu

Changing money

I realize we sometimes try to hard to save a few bucks that don't amount to much but here goes anyway.
    I usually change money at the cambio across from Burger King [kills me to say that). I was thinking of going to the ATM by the small airport. Anyone have any recent experience at either of those?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Changing money

I have exchanged money at the Cambio by Burger king, Bourbon Beach, Boardwalk Village, and on the way out of town from Montego Bay.

Best rate I have gotten at a Cambio is either Boardwalk or MoBay.

The best rates overall are straight out of the ATM.

User Info Menu

We are comming from ireland so it is Euro and i am wondering are is there a good few ATM's around we normally bring cash and change as we need it but reading here on the board i am worried about taking all cash so am wondering about taking it from the ATM's are they safe.

User Info Menu

Are the ATM.s the same for the most part. Is the one by the small airport any problem?

User Info Menu

My favorite ATM is the one by the HiLo, Ont he way out of town toward the west end. Near the big church.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    I realize we sometimes try to hard to save a few bucks that don't amount to much but here goes anyway.
    I usually change money at the cambio across from Burger King [kills me to say that). I was thinking of going to the ATM by the small airport. Anyone have any recent experience at either of those?
    Thanks
    We always use the ATM at the Airport before we climb into Kingsley's nice clean Van Never had a problem there and now that they have added more ATMs downtown, we no longer have any problem (them running out of money) there either.

User Info Menu

Do you just use your regular debit card linked to your checking account or do you bring prepaid debit cards?

User Info Menu

I use my own.

User Info Menu

I used the ATM by the small airport (near Petcom gas station) about 4 times over the holidays with no problems. One day it was down for maintenance.

User Info Menu

Us to ja. At china man store by roundabout is us 1$ to ja 104 which is the same rate I got at cambio by Hilo only no I'd needed