Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map ??

User Info Menu

Map ??

Can anyone suggest where to get a good map of Negril that shows both the cliffside and beach side hotels. I've heard so much about all these properties and it would be great to know where the are and in what succession. I've googled it but some of them don't have all the hotels.

User Info Menu

www.negrilinfo.com It is a pretty good map w/other info.

Administrator

User Info Menu

A "map" using actual satellite image of Negril is available here:

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=18.288038&lon=-78.3283997&z=13&l=0&m=b

Y
    ou can zoom in and out, move up, down, right, left and check the entire area. Locations are marked for easy reference and being an actual image of Negril gives you the best overview of Negril possible.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks !! Someone had said previously I could go to Xtabi for a sunset view instead of Rick's and then just walk over to the Seastar on a saturday... they look far from each other?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manda81 View Post
    Thanks !! Someone had said previously I could go to Xtabi for a sunset view instead of Rick's and then just walk over to the Seastar on a saturday... they look far from each other?
    mi have done that walk many times..........15-20 minutes from SeaStar and Catcha down to Xtabi/Three Dives many times....and back
    you can always grab a route taxi for the $100J's on the West End Road to get from one place to the other...........
    personally I go to LTU or Three Dives for mi sunsets..........just watch it walking along there as there aren't any sidewalks
    the Route Taxis usually do not go up SeaStar Lane which is about 400 yards to SeaStar........sometimes if you ask they will

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 08-16-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Oh great! Thanks a bunch, so the sunset view from 3 Dives is just as good as anywhere then because I've read about the food and if I can get both the sunset and a great meal then that works perfect for me

User Info Menu

You can definitely get a great sunset at 3 Dives but if you want food at the same time then arrive early and plan to hang out for a while . . . 3 Dives can take a
    while to take your order and serve it up.

Xtabi is right next door with equally good views and good food all their own.

The only reasons to go to Rick's are the scene, the divers, the drinkers, the party boaters, the kazillions of tourists bused in from all the AIs . . and oh yeah, the way overpriced drinks.

But hey, you can say you've been to the world famous Rick's . . I still go to Rick's every other trip or so . . as touristy as it is, it is still classic Negril.

Kolya

User Info Menu

I can't say enough how happy I am that I came across this group because I probably would have been sucked into some overly priced sunset view with an obnoxious crowd lol I do know now that all I really want from Rick's is to see the Divers and get some great photos so I'll probably hit Rick's before the sunset crowd loads in. 3 Dives sounds as if the wait is worth it so I'll definitely keep in mind that I'll need to be there early

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that the divers at Rick's are not paid by them. They dive for tips from tourists so, if you can, give them a few dollars ($5-10 CDN) to help out.

Name:  DCP_0016 (Copy).JPG
Views: 294
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  DCP_0013 (Copy).jpg
Views: 196
Size:  90.2 KB

These are taken from the "Old Rick's" before Ivan
    Irie Sue