Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map ??

User Info Menu

Here's a good map for planning your road trips for the portion of your travel after you leave Negril:
    http://www.jamaicancaves.org/jamaica-road-map.htm
    I'd suggest getting the Texaco Road Map of Jamaica once there - the above is just for pre-planning.

If you're going to Seastar for their Saturday Party don't forget that includes their all-u-can-eat buffet - I would not eat dinner before going.

You could still do Rick's to just watch/film the divers and have a drink or two while catching the sunset. It's actually a pretty good time and not that expensive given you are planning on just 1-2 drinks and going elsewhere to eat.

From Rick's you are a very short walk over to Seastar. Maybe can catch the end of their Happy Hour (2-for-1 for all drinks/beer), which lasts until 6pm - if you plan right. Between then and the start of the buffet/party - don't forget they allow you use of their pool even if just eating/drinking and not staying there - so don't forget your bathing suits.
    Last edited by Ohio_Buckeye_1; 08-30-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    08: Jan-NegrilTreehouse
    08: Nov-RoomsOnTheBeach, Ochi & TobysResort, MoBay
    09: Apr-Legends, Negril
    09: Dec-Legends, Negril
    10: Apr-HolidayInnSunspree, Mobay & SeastarInn, Negril
    10: Nov&Dec-SeastarInn & FunHoliday, Negril & SunsetResort, Treasure Beach
    11: Mar-FootePrints & NegrilBeachClubCondos, Negril
    11: Sep-Legends, Negril
    12: Sep-SeastarInn, Negril
    13: Mar-Match Resort & Bay View Resort, Port Antonio & El Greco, MoBay
    13: Dec-SeastarInn & Shields, Negril & VerneyHouse, MoBay

User Info Menu

Hey Thanks !! Considering I am only in Negril for 2 days there are so many food options that I'm not sure I want to spend 1 of two dinners on a buffet at the Seastar It seems as if there are better options ... I know there are tons of threads on best restaurants etc... but I was going to ask if you only had two nights in Negril where would you eat dinner each night. I'm not a breakfast person .. normally I skip it so I'm not worried about that meal and as for lunch I'll probably get Jerk at a hut or patties on the beach. But dinner is where i'll spend most of my food money so I'd like to get the best two dinners I can while in Negril.

User Info Menu

If it were me, I think my two choices would be 3 Dives (go for sunset, then walk next door after dinner to Xtabi and have a dirty banana) and Ivans (Catcha Falling Star)-can't beat the food or the view!

User Info Menu

Thanks !! I was planning for 3 Dives for sure just wasn't sure about the other one.. and my second night it was kind of a toss up between Ivan's and Kuyaba considering I'm staying on the beach I was thinking of trying to do dinner in both locations each night but I'd still prefer to go with whatever is best before location

User Info Menu

Ah yeah, I thought about that as soon as I submitted that you were probably staying on the beach.
    Then yes, try one cliffs and one beach, so 3 dives and Kuyaba
    However, I recommend you at least see Catcha Falling Star....you could stop by for a drink at Ivans bar, or maybe even lunch, but its definitely worth seeing the property! Or maybe even go for a drink before you head to 3 dives for dinner/sunset....during the time you are going it is usually slow so the staff at Catcha would gladly allow you in for a drink or even just a tour around the property!
    You are going to love Negril.....I can't wait to hear your trip report....it is so fun reliving that "First time experience" whenever a newbie goes
    Have a blast....I'm right behind you

User Info Menu

lol I just hope that my trip report is going to live up to the expecations of everyone trying to relive that first experience I plan on making the most of it though that is for sure!!

User Info Menu

Find out where the Seastar shuttle is picking people up. Jump on board!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A "map" using actual satellite image of Negril is available here:

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=18.288038&lon=-78.3283997&z=13&l=0&m=b

Y
    ou can zoom in and out, move up, down, right, left and check the entire area. Locations are marked for easy reference and being an actual image of Negril gives you the best overview of Negril possible.
    Rob, is this not the map you told me not to trust??????

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

Administrator

User Info Menu

We took a bit of time and fixed some of the more blatant errors - it is still not entirely accurate....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Oh your trip report will be perfect
    With us it doesnt really matter, big or small, funny or serious.....if you have a good time on your first trip (which you will) it will show in however you decide to tell your tale.....and that new look, and excitement will be obvious....and that alone usually is good enough to remind us all of our very own "first trip to Jamaica/Negril"