Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cliffs day trip

User Info Menu

Cliffs day trip

My wife and I will be staying on the beach, and I'm planning a day trip to the cliffs. We have done the One Love bus tour previously, have snorkled at xtabi, and been to the Seastar saturday night show. This is the extent of our west end exposure.

I'm planning to roam around from mid-morning untill about sunset.

Things I'm considering in no particular order:
    Canoe bar for snacks/snorkeling

C & D country western bar (liked it on the bus tour)

Barney's Hummingbird Garden
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barne...ation=timeline

Ahh Bee's for a snack (haven't been there, but read a lot about it)

I'm thinking of going on thursday to catch some of canoe's live music starting at 5:00

Can you let me know the new location for C&D/Jennys and AhhBee's.
    Has anyone visited Barney's Hummingbird Garden? We've been to Rocklands bird sanctuary, and had a fun time.

Any addition suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated.

I have chartered a driver for the day, so my transportation is covered.
    We are not shy about having a drink, but this is not about continuous bar-hopping.
    Thanks to all for your help.

User Info Menu

Re: Cliffs day trip

Jenny's has not moved and is next door to C&D bar. Connie's sister now runs C&D bar and Connie runs Jenny's.
    I would start my day there with breakfast as she, Connie, is a great cook.

Aubie moved his place a couple spots closer to town, you can not miss it.

User Info Menu

Check out Joseph's Cave, across the street from Rockhouse. Buy a drink at the bar, say hello to Miss Mae and then ask if you can go down into the cave. There may or may not be an additional entry fee. It appeared that they had put up a newish sign, so I got the impression that they were trying to bring in more business. In the recent past, the cave was more of a "word of mouth" kind of place.

Ahh Bee's is now directly next to Shark's. Even if you don't have any food at Shark's, I would stop by for a fruit juice. Great little spot.

I will also put in a plug for Jamaican Style Restaurant and Bar, across from Le Mirage. Grab a cold Red Stripe and maybe some cheap Jamaican food. It's a nice spot to sit and watch the cast of characters walk by the West End Rd. Rohan, the chef/proprietor is a very cool guy and his family rounds out the staff.

User Info Menu

I LOVE Shark's food! Have your snack & juice there.

It has been my favorite place to eat for the last few years now.

[/url]