Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 months in Negril...& St Anthony"s Kitchen

User Info Menu

2 months in Negril...& St Anthony"s Kitchen

Retired...we enjoyed our first time staying 2 months in Negril and really relaxed to the max, couldn't do beach everyday but did get our share of sun ! Maggie and I got involved in our community. We helped out 3 times a week volunteering at the St Anthony's soup kitchen ( more help always appreciated ). located on road towards Sav Lamar, just passed police station on the left side of road. This was such an uplifting experience and one we plan on doing again and again. Thanks Miss Pearl, Andrea & Auntie Plum for the stories, the tears & the laughter too ! Words can not describe the things we seen and how we feel. Keep up the blessed
    work you do !

Andy & Maggie

Name:  100_3715.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  94.3 KB Name:  100_3694.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  97.6 KB

User Info Menu

Re: 2 months in Negril...& St Anthony"s Kitchen

NICE!

Thank you for helping.

User Info Menu

i don't think posting a picture of this exhausted child is "nice" . . . unless their own child!

User Info Menu

I this picture of the exhausted child is "precious" . I remember more that once,my own child fallin asleep in his plate!! Too precious!! It made me smile.

User Info Menu

blessings
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ackee View Post
    I this picture of the exhausted child is "precious" . I remember more that once,my own child fallin asleep in his plate!! Too precious!! It made me smile.
    was your child at a soup kitchen?

User Info Menu

Andy and ... oh. I forget your wife's name? ... Maggie! Of course! It was a pleasure to meet you guys; we did have busy days at St. A's, but great fun as well! I still chuckle over several of your stories, and learned that "dressy' is a state of mind. Sometimes, PJ bottoms will do to satisfy the dress code! (pause while I chuckle again!) Hope to meet up with you again. Ace job you did at the Donkey Races, as well - best 50/50 salesman I have ever seen! Glad you enjoyed. I am guessing home is slightly cooler. Welcome to reality, and now you know why it is often called "hard, cold, reality" A phrase coined by a fellow Cannuck, in the winter, sans dout!

And as always, special thanks and appreciation to Miss Pearl, Andrea and Auntie Poon!

User Info Menu

Nice to hear from the volunteers at St. Anthony's . My husband and I spent an afternoon there in February and it will now be a regular part of our stay in Negril. We will be there for 6 weeks next year and I'm sure we'll cross paths again. I believe we met some of you there, at the Canoe Bar and at Seastar. Can't wait to be back there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Jitterbug I don't understand your question?

How do you know the child is exhausted as opposed to just tired from playing hard, or just being a kid? Seriously?
    The op obviously has their heart in the right place ....... do you?

I think they should be commended for taking time out of their hard earned retirement and having such a love for all people that they donate a serious chunk of time to helping people they have never met before. If only more of us could.

By the way it is a great pic and the child is precious.

Big up to Andy and Maggie, you guys rock!!

Jamb

User Info Menu

Thanks for what you do at St. Anthony's.
    Gail Jackson