Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk to Red Dragon?

User Info Menu

Walk to Red Dragon?

Just curious…
    Would it be possible to walk to Red Dragon from White Sands? Or is that distance not enjoyable?

User Info Menu

Re: Walk to Red Dragon?

The walk is fine, might take an hour...or two...or three if you make a few stops along the way for beer and or rum. I say walk it over and taxi it back if you end up tipsy.....

User Info Menu

Well no one else is answering you , so no! Punch up map of Negril, I've been told it's up hill past the firehouse and not a nice walk. That having been said by Lisa and Rob, we have always taxied up.

User Info Menu

Lol, that is not really a hill, it's a slight incline. If someone can't handle that 5-10 minute walk from the firehouse they have no business eating swine and sucking down beers.....unless they are in a hurry to consume that yummy swine and ice cold beers.

User Info Menu

If you like walking, it would be a great walk. Start out from WS along the grassy part, not the road shoulder, and it's 10 mins until you get to the sidewalk. Follow it all the way over the bridge and to the Shell station, another 20-25 minutes.
    Then turn up the road to the Red Dragon and hike it up there - 10-15 mins.

There are stops along the way for beers.

And a very cold beer waiting for you at the top of the hill!

Wear sunscreen and hats and enjoy!
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Definitely worth the walk!!! Personally, I really enjoy walking...so, I say go for it! So many adventures along the way...and many great ones once you reach.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

It's easier to walk down from Red Dragon than walking up to Red Dragon.....meaning, we take a cab to, and walk from....

User Info Menu

Yes, walk there and if you can, walk back. Walk everywhere you can, there are experiences at every turn to enjoy.

User Info Menu

Depending on fitness, the walk is very doable. However, it's in the heat of the day if you're going for pork before it's gone. Unless, of course, you go early and wait for it to be done.

User Info Menu

whats the serving time for the freshest batch/first? Heard 1 pm?
    Bar b barn '10 Catcha '11 BCC '13 Moonlight 14' Xtabi 14' HSH 15' Catcha 15'