Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: expat articles

User Info Menu

expat articles

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2014...zenship/3.html

Some of you might find this information valuable -- I do remember my resentment when I was living in JA during the 1970's of having to leave every six months, visa wise --we would have to fly into Miami for 24 hours -- not a big deal into the 3rd/4th year, but after that it got to be EXPENSIVE. Through the main Immigration man, Mr. Guthrie, we could usualy "mke a deal".

User Info Menu

Re: expat articles

"Ditching the US passport"....can't wait for that day!
    ONE LOVE!

MIDIRI (A.K.A. FUD)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MIDIRI View Post
    "Ditching the US passport"....can't wait for that day!
    I held work permit and permanent residency status from 1968 - 1986 although I would leave for months at a time when off duty or after the sugar crop or tourist season.

Never felt the need or desire to get rid of the blue Passport as I could come and go as I wished.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/2014...zenship/3.html

Some of you might find this information valuable -- I do remember my resentment when I was living in JA during the 1970's of having to leave every six months, visa wise --we would have to fly into Miami for 24 hours -- not a big deal into the 3rd/4th year, but after that it got to be EXPENSIVE. Through the main Immigration man, Mr. Guthrie, we could usualy "mke a deal".
    I never resented having to leave the first couple of years that I lived here after the 6 month period, as I knew full well this wasn't the country I was a citizen....but long gone are the days of flying out for 24 hours after 6 months.....