Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "countries visited in the last 6 weeks" - a question

User Info Menu

"countries visited in the last 6 weeks" - a question

Here is a question for all you Jamaica experts. Last year when we went in April we'd been in Mexico 5 weeks prior. I answered "Mexico" to the "countries visited in the last 6 weeks" question. The immigration officer made us go to see the "health lady" who asked us a few questions about how we were feeling and stamped our immigration form and sent us back to the front of the line. It didn't really take long, but every minute counts! Anyway, the day we land this April is 5 weeks, 6 days from when we left Iceland. My gut tells me that we won't need to see the health lady, but if we have to I'd rather just do it first. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a list of countries that raise questions about your health?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: "countries visited in the last 6 weeks" - a question

On the other side of the International date line it's tomorrow...

"Depends on the meaning of six weeks" - Bill Clinton
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Yes, 2nutz! My wife and I checked that box on the immigration form, as we had been to Dominican Republic. This was a couple years ago, and yes we were directed to the "special" desk, lost our place in line, and of course lost valuable time here in the truly only paradise in the world ! But, hey we were honest. I think the D.R. was flagged for malaria or sumting like dat. So, I guess folks, if you want to be honest if this happens to you, you choose. It can be a hassle to check yes on the form , and especially if the airport is really busy. Just my 2 cents worth. Yamon'

User Info Menu

I always check that box. Never had a problem or had to go to another desk.

Countries visited in the last six weeks..........Jamaica
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

As I see it, there is no point in lying - passport is stamped. That could cause more trouble than we want. I think we'll just go see her and then get in line. Better to be safe

User Info Menu

Yeah, you are right 2nutz! A sensible one you are!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    yeah, you are right 2nutz! A sensible one you are!
    lol

User Info Menu

We mentioned U.S.A. (we're from Canada and do cross border shopping) and were not sent to any special line.

User Info Menu

Scratch that. We WERE sent to a special line because we both were carrying walking canes. We were sent to the 'wheelchair line'.
    I told the supervisor, "No we don't want any special treatment' and she said--"You want to wait in THAT line" (pointing to all the other lines awaiting Customs clearance". So we took our place in the 'wheelchair line' and were out of there in minutes sipping beers at the Groovy Grouper waiting for a WestJet party to clear customs and board the Seastar Bus.

User Info Menu

Wonder if arrival service would speed up the process of the "other" desk??
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif