Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

User Info Menu

"Untitled" Trip Reprt

Well, I have had lots of titles in mind for this report...yet, none of them seem exactly right. So, untitled it is.

A little background info before I begin. Please bear with my writing.

Our daughter was married at the Riu Palace in April of last year. We brought down a group of around 25, mostly newbies. It was a fabulous time, and we chose the AI option, because it was easier than playing tour guide for 10 days to all the newbies. While it was great, it wasn't super relaxing. We were busy with people coming and going on different days, wedding stuff etc. All in all, everyone LOVED the trip and Jamaica in general. Fast forward to August. My husband was conducting a training (as he does often) in Cleveland. We live in Michigan. On August 1st, he called me early in the morning and said he didn't feel well and thought he would have the hotel desk call 911. Fortunately, he did (as he isn't one who goes to the dr. EVER). He had a massive heart attack that morning, 5 hours away from home. I drove like hell to get there and he was in ICU for 5 days there. On the same day of his heart attack, our 3 year old dog (his hunting dog) had a horrid accident at the kennel and had to be put down. My now married daughter had driven 2 hours to our house to stay with her 13 year old brother until we knew what was going on with their dad. Now, I'm in Cleveland with him and my kids are putting down their beloved pet. What a horrible day. Fortunately, my husband has fully recovered and is doing better than he has done in years. We were very lucky.

Around Christmas (before the winter weather was TOO horrible) he said, find a trip and book it. I need to get out of here. Had we only known what an awful winter we were in for, we probably would have booked it sooner! Needless to say, we found a great deal to Rooms on the Beach where we had stayed previously, and booked for March.

March 21 ~ Travel day
    Wake up at 3 am. Ugh...oh wait! We are leaving today!! Bright eyed and bushy tailed we jump out of bed, get ready, and await the taxi to pick us up and take us to the airport. Wake the kids, hugs and kisses, and the taxi rolls down the driveway. YAHOO!!! We leave on time and land early in Orlando. Have a couple hours, so off for a mimosa while we wait. After all....we're on vacation! Board the plane, leave a bit early, and find out that we are scheduled to arrive earlier than expected! Those first glimpses of Jamaica are my favorite. We land, taxi, and everyone gets off the plane pretty quickly. We are in the first coach, so off we go! We had booked Club MoBay service as sort of a trial. Let me say, based on the lines at immigration, it was the best decision we made. We were through the airport in 10 minutes. Considering the lines in immigration, it was a great use of our time! First rum punch and Red Stripe and I could finally breathe and feel the stress start to drift away. Our driver was unable to make it due to mechanical issues, but he had arranged for a JUTA driver to bring us to Negril. No problem...just get me there! On the way, we stopped at Biggas for some jerk and another Red Stripe, then back on the road.

Arrived at Rooms, checked in easily and Keisha (one of the servers from the restaurant/bar) sees us, remembers us, and tells us to hurry because they are giving away free margaritas at the bar. We drop off our stuff and head down. Mistake number one.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: "Untitled" Trip Reprt

Looking forward to reading this.... you so both deserved a nice holiday So glad hubby is better was great to meet you both !!

~ May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes ~

User Info Menu

Great start!

User Info Menu

Yippee another great TR.
    Missing Jamaica

User Info Menu

Can't wait for this one. A well deserved one I might add.

User Info Menu

what? why was that a mistake? sounds perfectly reasonable.... free margaritas? I need more story please.
    Country Country 2001, Sunset at the Palms 2003, Point Village 2004, Couples Negril 2006, Point Village 2007, Country Country 2008, Rooms Negril 2009, Rooms Negril 2010, Treehouse Feb 2011, Breezes Oct 2011, Rooms Negril Feb 2012, Rooms Negril Feb 2013, Grand Lido July 2013, Rooms Feb 2014, Riu Palace Tropical Bay May 2014, Rooms Negril Feb 2015/Treehouse Feb 2015 , Rooms Feb 2016. ....Rooms Feb 2018, Beachcomber May 2018, Beachcomber Dec 2018.... Rooms Feb 2019...Beachcomber Nov 2019.

User Info Menu

Dropping off your stuff was the first mistake?, margaritas first mistake?.... aaaghhhh tell us! lol

User Info Menu

Title nomination: Cliffhanger

User Info Menu

Oh boy! Can't wait to hear this....
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

Intrigue. Tell us more!!!