Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Notes for Pic Enlarging...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the cliff notes Sprat, I've printed them out and will give it a try one of these evenings!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Name:  all pics 016.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  79.3 KB

I thought I would try this at my office this morning at my office, and I did say to use the paper clip....but it's actually the ( insert image tag) beside the envelop that I used. That is where you can select your image. I guess you could use the paper clip, but maybe that is what seems to be the problem, and why you can't see the pencil.

Hope that helps...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Name:  all pics 017.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  78.1 KB

Just tryed another test by clicking on the paperclip, my photos came up, I clicked the box in the corner, but I did drag it down below.

So the procedure is:

1. Reply to thread
    2. Go advanced
    3. Add files
    4. drag below to attachments
    5. Click insert line
    6. Thumbnail Pic comes up
    7. Go to left corner - for pencil edit
    8. Image edit comes up - hit large
    9. Save
    10. Preview
    11. Submit

So the enlarging works both ways....

User Info Menu

5. Click insert line
    after i insert it shows some words here in the reply little square, if i dont preview post i cant see anything and if i preview i dont get the pencil i only get the thumbnail that if i click on it it gets bigger but on another separate page that if I close it, it will erase everything and will have to start from scratch!
    will post what i see!
    Name:  attachments to negril.com.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  38.3 KBName:  attaching a file screen 1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  39.4 KBName:  attachment 4 negril.com.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  53.2 KBName:  attachment 2 negril.com.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  52.3 KBName:  attachment 3 negril.com.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  51.4 KB

I can see no pencil! so could it be my engine right now i switch to Safari, but previously i was using mozilla, are you using explorer?
    I also have a Mac could that be too???

User Info Menu

Angry

Thanks for all the help sprat, but no matter what I do I can't get a larger picture. I think that this new board has made MANY things MUCH more difficult to do.

I used to post pictures but I am giving it up because all I seem to be able to do is thumbnails.
    Irie Sue

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that Sue....it just seems to be so easy, not sure why others are having trouble.

Bea, I am using explorer...but there is not much more I can help with, as I did go through all the steps...and it just works at this end.

I hope that Rob can come up with some answers and help...because I know how frustrating it can be.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Sorry to hear that Sue....it just seems to be so easy, not sure why others are having trouble.

Bea, I am using explorer...but there is not much more I can help with, as I did go through all the steps...and it just works at this end.

I hope that Rob can come up with some answers and help...because I know how frustrating it can be.
    thanks sprat for all your help I think i most have done, you are the best!

User Info Menu

Test

Here is additional info to add with Sprat's list. I could not get the drag and drop function to work with the latest version of Internet Explorer. I used Firefox.

When you do add the image, if you only see the funky text and not the thumbnail, click the Editor button on the right hand side. Then you can re-size using the pencil icon. You do not Preview first.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  12.3 KB
    Last edited by J-Ville Mark; 05-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    Spending the kids inheritance one trip at a time!

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_3035.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  56.8 KB
    Spending the kids inheritance one trip at a time!

User Info Menu

Name:  7milebeach.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  38.4 KB
    1. Reply to thread
    2. Go advanced
    3. Add files
    4. drag below to attachments
    5. Click insert line
    7. Go to left corner - for pencil edit this is the problem I am having. No matter where I hold the cursor over the thumbnail I do not ever get the pencil.
    Hmmm maybe I'll try later on the house pc instead of my laptop and see if it works.
    8. Image edit comes up - hit large
    9. Save
    10. Preview
    11. Submit

So the enlarging works both ways....