Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have been to Negril 4x and am now giving Ocho Rios a whirl and need advice badly.

User Info Menu

what advice do you need?

what advice do you need?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irie John View Post
    My advce: Stay in Negril...Ochi is not "where it's at".
    LOL....Ocho Rios is located in the GARDEN PARISH, surround by green lush vegetation and embraced by waterfalls. In one moment you can experience the not only the poverty the island is known for but the amazing beauty and wealth.

Depending on what you are seeking every destination in Jamaica is "where it's at". Negril is where the longest stretch of beach and cliff 'is at'. Montego Bay is where the airport 'is at'. Ocho Rios is where the lushness 'is at'.

User Info Menu

I have always gone to Ochi, " actually" "now" trying Negril... having a great time, it will be hard to decide, when I rerun in 3 months, Ochi or Negril..!!! Will keep everyone posted what I decide..
    Erie Mon

User Info Menu

Re: I have been to Negril 4x and am now giving Ocho Rios a whirl and need advice badl

We've stayed in Negril on 7 of our Jamaica visits...But in Ochi Rios, my fave is Mystic Mountain for sure...Breath taking views as you ride the two person transport up. I weighed too much to do the Zipline, lol, but the Jamaican Bobsled was a B-L-A-S-T! It's literally a 1 person roller coaster and you control the speed. After a couple of trips thru, you'll get the hang of it and...WHOSH,lol! Scotchies was cool, not only for the food, but standing in line talking to Jamaican folk, as hungry as you was fun too...Peep Evita's "Jamaicatalian" restaurant...If you've ever cruised into the port, you look up and see the bright Sunset Jamaica Grand Hotels. When eating at Evita's, you are on the other side of the aforementioned hotels, looking back into the harbor...A great way to spend and evening and Very romantic! Also, the Juici Patti in "downtown" Ochi Rios was a very "real" and good experience. We walked the streets one Saturday night and tripped!!!My 2nd fave thing to do from an Ochi base is to visit Bob Marley's Birthplace up in the mountain village of 9-Mile...Trippy....Trippy..Trippy...If the roads are passable, you'll say wow, when you go thru the real "Fern Gulley"...

User Info Menu

Re: I have been to Negril 4x and am now giving Ocho Rios a whirl and need advice badl

ocho rios is a tourist place but it is a little town that has a human dimension where you can do everything walking...the 3 waterfalls that can be visited are especially beautiful,the place is full of rivers and waterfalls!
    there is a very pretty beach in a natural setting called reggae beach that looks like a pirate beach, this is after white river on the road to oracabessa, a place absolutely beutiful!
    to be smart do not go to attractions on a cruiseship day!
    i am recomanding the turtle river falls and gardens, as pretty as the dunn s river falls but nobody is advertising this place!!

User Info Menu

the place called COYABA is a place above the town where there is another waterfall and nice gardens, and a very interesting little museum about jamaican history with certain things from arawak and slavery times, plus the entrance fee is not so expensive, 10 dollars us.. there is a spot with a panoramic view where nice pictures can be taken from..further down you can go too to the shaw park gardens, splendid gardens with a waterfall too..
    plus ocho rios is a central place,one day excursions are possible to a lot of places, like nine miles, kingston, portland..

User Info Menu

Can you visit Ochi for a day trip?