Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee... do you have a Beach Club Update?

User Info Menu

Cool Lee... do you have a Beach Club Update?

Hope I didn't miss it. Looking forward to your update if I haven't. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: Lee... do you have a Beach Club Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Hope I didn't miss it. Looking forward to your update if I haven't. Thanks.
    Yvonne I usually count on you for updates LOL. I stopped in there on April 11th I believe. Walked right in and around with no one with a care and talked to a few people. Hot tub was down and they say maybe permanently pool was looking rough and the staff seems all changed from just when I was there a few months before. I went to look for Jean and she wasn't in. I sure want my old BCC back that used to be my home base several weeks a year. Tons of people walking about from beach to road even.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Yikes! Doesn't sound so good for the summer. Especially "people walking about from beach to road." I just hope they can get this place up and running before too long. I plan to spend six weeks there this summer and would hate to experience discomfort. It has been my home base in Negril since 2000 and I love it!

User Info Menu

ShellyK... I won't be back until June. Sounds like business as usual in some ways. Until the courts officially boot the bad guy, not much can be done but keep floating, head above water. I, too, want the old Beach Club but may have resign myself to that never happening. My TS time will be up in a few years. Hope there's a turn around before then.

User Info Menu

i have been here since march and things seem fine to me. i am not an owner but stay in the same unit every year for the past 4 yrs. there's hardly anyone here and those that are are oldtimers....in fact it looks like a senior citizen complex! lol me included! the pool is maintained and used regularly,the jacuzzi has been down since the last time you were here shelly. i'm in the water for hours and not seeing people walking through....there is still security onsite. there is a restaurant and the young folks are doing a brisk business...prices good. the garden still looks great, the current is on in all units unless there is a blackout and i was told that services needed were provided to owners...ie new towels and plumbing repair. i would like new towels and sheets....the ones i got are rough but overall i think jean is doing a great job holding things together and i hope the problems that i'm not aware of ,work themselves out because this is still the best beach in town

User Info Menu

Thanks. Even during the rough times of late I've been fine & happy there. So true... Jean is doing great keeping things going. Gardens always nice, well-maintained. Security doesn't stand out (plain clothes) which is a plus. Regulars will always be back & many of us - including myself - are now senior citizens (not in my head though). I always have everything I need & everything working when I'm there. Is Tony still working for the bar as their beach server? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalew View Post
    i have been here since march and things seem fine to me. i am not an owner but stay in the same unit every year for the past 4 yrs. there's hardly anyone here and those that are are oldtimers....in fact it looks like a senior citizen complex! lol me included! the pool is maintained and used regularly,the jacuzzi has been down since the last time you were here shelly. i'm in the water for hours and not seeing people walking through....there is still security onsite. there is a restaurant and the young folks are doing a brisk business...prices good. the garden still looks great, the current is on in all units unless there is a blackout and i was told that services needed were provided to owners...ie new towels and plumbing repair. i would like new towels and sheets....the ones i got are rough but overall i think jean is doing a great job holding things together and i hope the problems that i'm not aware of ,work themselves out because this is still the best beach in town
    Last edited by Yvonne; 04-28-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo

User Info Menu

Was there for 5 days 4/19-24. Because we booked (through Jean) with short notice, we had a unit in D building, not the best location or nicest unit. But all our issues were fixed promptly when the staff was made aware of them (no hot water, broken air conditioner, burned out light bulb in the kitchen). Enjoyed the people who were there and, yes, most were at least middle aged. There were fewer vendors on the beach (missed the guy who brought around desserts in the morning, which we often used as breakfast) and loved the lack of jet ski noise. Have never used the pool or hot tub, so don't care whether they're open or closed. Compared to what one would pay for similar accommodations elsewhere in Negril (separate bedroom with 2 beds and kitchen), this place is still a bargain. Did not observe or experience any security issues.

The sea water was OK, our last two afternoons becoming discolored from the river outflow.

User Info Menu

Thanks Qwerty. No Anthony? I wonder what's up w/ that? If I missed him in the a.m. it's because he passed by before I got down to the beach. Usually I'd see him on his return.

Was it rainy, perhaps inland? That's usually why the sea discolors when the river "comes in".

How about daily drink specials & Tony delivering drinks on the beach? That sure was nice & convenient, especially @ their great price. Can't wait to get back, but I must

User Info Menu

Was there for the first two weeks of April. Talked with Jean and still having issues with THE BAD GUY. We stayed in A block with no issues what so ever. The hot tub was down but the pool was open and used every day. Security was on the beach every morning when I went down and never seen anyone just walking through. The gardens were well kept with Julian planting tomatoes and red peas. ( thought that was cool). I think our room was our best yet and hope to return there in Feb. There was a blackout one night but not just Beach Club. Travellers and Beach House Villas were also down that I noticed. They came around with candles and lighters for us. Cannot wait to go back. If there were issues I did not see any as I think Jean is doing a great job. The restaurant with Sandra and Drew was slow as was everything else at that time but the food was good and prices good also.

User Info Menu

Bought some bread pudding from Anthony week before last - yummy!