Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee... do you have a Beach Club Update?

User Info Menu

Re: Lee... do you have a Beach Club Update?

Yvonne, I hope you are having a great time and am anxious to hear your thoughts when you have the time to report.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Yvonne, I hope you are having a great time and am anxious to hear your thoughts when you have the time to report.
    I've been having a great time. Hot tub is history but I knew that long ago. Pool has good days & icky days. That's when kids have been in it, a lot lately. They pee in the water. Gross. Raymond does his best to keep it up but with so many kids peeing in it, not easy.

LOTS of beach chairs and more in reserve for high season. Security not always around, depending on the guard. Had to raise hell last Sunday after being repeatedly harassed all day. Super security since then. I've been posting daily goings on on my FB page. Feel free to send a friend request. Last name is Reed. Without my maiden name, might be hard to find so send me a PM if you need it.

I found & with the help of others (shared custody) a tiny kitten, have had her for over a week now. Friends coming down have brought kitty bottles, formula, etc. Still being bottle fed, growing like crazy, and very smart. Have a home for her but she's not ready to leave her mommies & daddies yet. Pictures on Facebook. If I cup my hand, kitty fits perfectly. Tiny thing, very healthy. Feeding other cats, too, of course.

Painting being done in various places, restaurant and bar still open, lobby furniture redone, still free wifi in lobby, my room repainted - looks great. What am I missing?

Been enjoying live reggae Sunday afternoons at new bar (next to Legends).Noon to 4. Love it!!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update Yvonne!
    I think the real story here is one of persistence on Jean Gaynair's part, along with her staff.
    Even when you full control over the property you're managing, doing business in Jamaica is NOT easy.
    She continues to deliver a quality product even in the face of adversity. I hear people here try and run
    down the Beach Club and experiences they've had there and in most every case, they invited trouble
    into there lives and want to blame it on someone else as if they were such victims.

Jean has done more with less for soooo long she's qualified to anything with nothing! (ok old saying but ture)

My hats off to the NBCC and the years of enjoyment they bring to me, my family and friends.
    Here's to many more years!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    Thanks for the update Yvonne!
    I think the real story here is one of persistence on Jean Gaynair's part, along with her staff.
    Even when you full control over the property you're managing, doing business in Jamaica is NOT easy.
    She continues to deliver a quality product even in the face of adversity. I hear people here try and run
    down the Beach Club and experiences they've had there and in most every case, they invited trouble
    into there lives and want to blame it on someone else as if they were such victims.

Jean has done more with less for soooo long she's qualified to anything with nothing! (ok old saying but ture)

My hats off to the NBCC and the years of enjoyment they bring to me, my family and friends.
    Here's to many more years!
    Agree 100%. Jean has done wonders with few resources.

User Info Menu

Thank you Yvonne for the update. Sounds about the same as it was 6 months ago when I was there. I hope the restaurant and bar can hang-on during the slow season. Do they still offer bar service from your chair like Tony was doing in February? Very glad to here about the beach chairs!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Thank you Yvonne for the update. Sounds about the same as it was 6 months ago when I was there. I hope the restaurant and bar can hang-on during the slow season. Do they still offer bar service from your chair like Tony was doing in February? Very glad to here about the beach chairs!
    Yes, pretty much the same as 6 months ago. No Tony offering bar service on the beach. Too slow. Picks up on weekends but mostly has been slow on the beach. Some days, just me. More often, just a handful of people. Other guests head to the beach later in the afternoon, when I'm finished.

User Info Menu

Yvonne, I sent u a friend request on FB. I love the updates! We are returning in February to NBCC.

User Info Menu

is the Tony you speak of the one that was there for years and years ???? the one I am thinking of was gone years back, did he return or is this a different Tony ???
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Rambo, different Tony. His brother works on a boat nearby.

Trees being trimmed the last several days. Junior cleaning up the atrium area plants in E block this week. Usual garden work going on too.

Beach shower turned off at night due to the squatters from T Water coming over to use it. Always something.