Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disconnected in Jamaica - One View

User Info Menu

hahahahaha - still a techhead - and if I didn't drop a message to the kids every 3 or 4 days they lose their minds. NOT worth the hassle when I get home Do it all at once takes 1/2 an hour over coffee in the morning = s'all good bra.
    improvise & overcome

User Info Menu

as a solo traveler, having a means of communication provides me with security - if i was without that, i'd feel a way about being alone out in the world with no support system. then again i'm not typically compelled to constantly go online or check e-mail, etc. I'm not like that in the first place. my POV is that technology serves ME, at my convenience - so there's not really any big stress factor associated with it, that i must 'escape' from. Whether i totally disconnect or not, it doesn't really make a difference in my peace of mind. in fact it gives me more peace of mind knowing it's there if needed, while traveling alone all over the world.

having a local Digicel makes it much easier to connect with friends, make arrangements and reservations, call drivers, etc. (not like the old days when you'd spend half a day gettin up to someone's yard only to find them not home.... and have to try it all over again next day, never know who and who was where, constantly keep missing one anedda.... now THAT is a flickin annoyance) -

so i welcome the technology, for me it's a fabulous convenience that makes my movements around the island much easier, and therefore more relaxing....
    Last edited by MissBlue; 08-28-2011 at 10:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Have never brought a phone with me. Last trip was the first time I brought any electronics with me. I purchased a small netbook, which was nice to have for the flight, but the only thing I used it for in the 2 weeks we spent in Negril was to set my rosters for the NHL hockey draft I was involved in. I don't see the need to keep in conact with anyone when on vacation.