Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Beach Restaurants

User Info Menu

Angela's at Bar B Barn is especially high-quality food, and considering the size of the portions a good deal .... Best in the West has good jerk, too, as do a bunch of the barrel guys .....

User Info Menu

Last week we had great meals on the beach at Charlea and also at Chill Awhile. On the cliffs, Seastar is always good. We went to the
    Saturday night buffett and party two saturdays in a row.

Respect,

User Info Menu

Not on the beach...but if you like indian food, try the Indian Restaurant above Hammond's Bakery (can't remember the name of it?) Excellent food and service

User Info Menu

if you want to do something really cool, and have a traditional old time style cooking dinner with everything and hard food plus more, check in with miss sonia.

she's been cooking out of her granny's recipes for decades, used to carry her son and fruit into negril every day from years gone by all the way from grange hill, then took to starting a fire on the beach and cooking up a few pots and then everything from there.

work out a menu, a price, with her and set her up with a deposit, set the date and come back and eat like kings. i don't normally eat sea bugs, but I'll put down a plate of her curried lobster no second thoughts.

lots of worthy mentions to hit up, negril is a chowhound's wet dream.

local food sweetspot i see was mentioned- also a nod must go to the king of box food one mile.

bourbon beach has one of negril's only and true jerk chicken pits. sadly, they ditched the potato press for frozen. used to be you could ask, but I haven't seen the press around at all.

barrel chicken is step-a-side, pretty much hands down- and you can tell that because he's always out first.

be on the lookout for vision, a street cart with amazing soups and other foods. another food vendor on the street worth checking into is priest ellis, ital, and there is another negril standby out a lot also doing ital, fix up a nice full plate for you on the serious cheap.

kuyaba has been mentioned, another romantic spot with real pizza (and real furniture) is sunrise club, also the best espresso in negril.

italian cafe is another good pizza joint, although I make them double up the dough.

i'll second and third ossie's,and sweet spice, and if you want an undiscovered sweet spice stroll into juicy j- don't be bashful try the juices for which the place is named for. ask for the ones made in house.

miss sonia also makes patties, hand made, and taught niah, who also has a devoted following.

i had a few nice dinners at the Palms, especially on Sunday for the live Jazz.

you'd need a three week stay to hit every place worth it.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

oh yeah, boardwalk village is a new spot, well worth checking out, every now and then they have a sushi chef.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

My favorite beach restaurant is Chill Awhile @ Idle Awhile. Besides Chicken Lavish, that is the one place I stop at every time I'm in Negril. Love the breakfasts at CocoLaPalm. Like Best in the West for chicken. Have also had some great meals at Cosmos. Definitely will be trying the fish and chips the next time I'm at Alfred's.

User Info Menu

For Breakfast on the beach we love Alfreds, One Mile Cook shop by Momma Flo's is also another great place for breakfast, and also Pilot Cafe by the Palms Hotel but back off of the beach towards the road is good for breakfast. Alfreds breakfast sandwich called "the negril" is awesome.
    Last trip (June) I must say that Alfreds got most of our beach business in the way of food, I would definitely agree with everyone about the fish and chips there, it's very good. Also we enjoy having a few meals a Sun Beach.
    Dinners for us on the beach are usually Momma Flo's / Sun Beach / and Alfreds.
    If you venture up to the cliffs please give De Bar a try for dinner and Sips and Bites a try for breakfast,lunch or dinner.
    Jamb

User Info Menu

I agree with the above. Although the ambiance is outdoor, Niah's Resutaurant has arguably the best patties in Negril. Give him a days notice for excellant vital stews or special order lobster patties. Don't overlook the vegetaian pattie (kalaloo)...yum yum yum.

User Info Menu

Don't forget about the banana pancakes at the Goa Cafe. Inland side of NMB.

User Info Menu

So many places I am looking forward to checking out on for myself when I go. And also when I go in November, definitely plan on going back to Montana's Cafe, Tekla's cooking was amazing.