Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Beach Restaurants

User Info Menu

Best Beach Restaurants

Hi everyone, coming back in December and staying on the beach. Just looking for everyone's thoughts on the best beach restaurants for food & ambiance. Most of my favorite restaurants are on the cliffs, not really up on the best of the beach.

User Info Menu

High End:.. Kuyaba, Norma's, Le Vendome(Charela), Shereta's(Seawind)

Mid, more casual: Best In the West, Cosmo's, Pilot's Cafe, Sun Beach

Just walk around...there are plenty to choose from depending on what you're looking for $-$$$....................Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

Kuyaba has for years been one of my favorites for both food and ambiance. Not an inexpensive meal but usually well worth it. I say usually because last time we were a bit disappointed, but one time in 12 years is not enough to change my recommendation.

User Info Menu

Coconut International (next to BarBBarn) for local fare at reasonable prices. Original Negril - family owned.
    BarBBarn has good food too, a little more $ than Coconut Int.

User Info Menu

I vote for Alfreds'. They have really great food, big portions, at a very inexpensive price.... around $10 for full meal. On our last reach, we also discovered that they also make a yummy breakfast.
    A bit higher end, I'd recommend Rondel village restaurant (keeps changing names). Food, ambiance, service are all great.
    For a deluxe breakfast, I'd go with Country Country... they make the best banana pancakes and french toast!
    Every year, we experiment... this year's find was Italian Cafe. Its across the road, just down a bit from Rooms. They have pasta and pizza to die for, at a reasonable price.
    We dont stay at All inclusives anymore, there are too many places to try on the beach!!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kimbobwe, Ras, Goldilocks and Jody. I have been to Kubaya years ago for lunch, very nice. I'll have to give the others a try while there.

User Info Menu

Breakfast - Alfreds (they make a great Jamaican breakfast); Negril Treehouse (buffet style with made to order eggs); and BarBBarn.
    Lunch - Alfreds (great fish & chips): Cosmo's (conch usually on menu)
    Dinner - Ossie's Shack (small quaint restaurant on beach side on road) - Miss Madge (Ossie's wife) is one of the best cooks in Negril and the ambience is great); Coconuts International; Charela Inn for high end international/jamaican cuisine

All of the above are Jamaican owned/operated and all have been serving great food for over 25 years

User Info Menu

Hey Tim I'll b there in Dec. too!!!
    My fave beach places for DINNER are:
    Cosmos-casual and inexpensive good JA food, local/authentic ambiance
    Normas-expensive but good food, kinds inconsistant over the years though (sometimes good, sometimes not so good) ambiance is ok as is the service
    Country Country-a little on the expensive side but good gourmet JA cuisine, intimate and right on the beach.
    Kuyaba-expensive but worth it, really nice ambiance especially if you reserve the treehouse table.
    Margaritaville-good if you want to catch a sports event.
    LUNCH:
    Treehouse (Allan's Jerk Chicken)
    Cheap Thrill Corner-patties and cheap beer.
    Choochy420

User Info Menu

Hi Tim, Everyone has given you great choices but if you want a "cheaper" quick take out, try SWEET SPOT which is almost directly across from Alfred's (love their food BTW). The place is always busy with Jamaicans so you know their food is good. You get a large portion of a variety of foods and they have expanded to include an eat in area.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I am heading down next week, if it ever gets here...the only plans I have made (in my head anyway) are the restaurants I want to be sure to visit. Country Country for breakfast(banana pancakes), Best in the West for lunch (jerk chicken), and Kuyaba for dinner (anything on the menu sitting at the treehouse table!). I will also probably visit Sunbeach for their fish fingers and fries.